We're Here || Colby

"Colby." 

I hated being woken up. 

"Colby, we're here." 

Even if it was my best friend, I hated being woken up before I was ready. I cracked one eye open and groaned. With a single sigh, I sat up and looked over to see a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair inches away from me. 

"Sam, if it's any earlier than eight, I swear to the Ouija Board we use that I will kill you." I grabbed my phone and pushed my hair out of my face. 

"Careful, Sam," I could hear Corey from somewhere outside the car, "you aren't in Arkansas anymore and Colby doesn't sound like he's joking." 

Almost eighteen hours in a car was too long to spend with four other guys all under the age of 25. Well, I guess not counting Elton, but he was more like an uncle. Sam slid out of the car and stretched before turning to wait for me. 

"It's six in the morning by the way," he said lightly, grabbing our pillows and blankets, "but I figured you'd want to sleep in the hotel instead of this car." 

"There's no way in hell I'll be able to go back to bed." I slipped my phone into my pocket and looked around. New York City was as good looking as it sounded with it's towering buildings and snow ridden streets. Looking back at Sam, I noted the snow flakes beginning to settle into his hair. 

Sam looked good with snow in his hair. 

A light blush began to creep up and I took my phone back out. He was my best friend. It was normal to think that, right? As long as I said 'no homo' or something like that? 

"Sam, you should take a picture for the gram and the fans." I opened the camera app and snapped a shot. Sam looked cold, with redness starting to spread across his face and give him a rosy look. But the blonde hair and city lights behind him made Sam Golbach look like a fucking angel sent from the dear Lord himself. 

"Your turn, Colby." I looked up just in time to see Sam snap a picture of me with my messy bed head and tired eyes. 

"Delete that. I look like trash." I reached for the phone, but Sam danced backwards and grinned. 

"Sam Golbach -" 

"Will you two hurry the hell up, it's cold." We both looked over to see Elton and Corey standing by the door. I grabbed our luggage, passing one suitcase to Sam, and walked over. 

"You two should get married already," Corey grunted, shivering slightly. 

"We would make a better couple than you and Devyn," I shot back before realizing what I said. I could feel Sam's eyes on the back of my head, but I ignored it and continued, "but too bad we can never give the world what it really wants." 

Corey snorted at that and walked inside. I followed close by, nearly huffing in relief. Of course I was the only person who would ever accidently expose themselves like that. The guys would never know exactly how close to the truth they'd been. 

Wouldn't that be a killer vlog, though. I could already hear the intro and imagine my best friend standing next to me. "Hey guys, it's Colby here, and I must confess - I think I'm gay!"  

I glanced behind me at Sam, watching as he pulled his luggage and looked at everything around him. He was probably thinking of Katrina, his beautiful girlfriend, and not of his best friend as a potential lover. When his eyes met mine, I smiled and turned back around. 

But the picture of Sam Golbach stayed in my mind for the rest of the day. 

======================

A/N 

Hey guys, I hope you liked the first chapter! I love an audience that comments and stuff!

I must warn you though, that after this, there will be serious topics mentioned such as depression and suicidal thoughts. 

Updates will be posted twice a week. Probably Wednesdays and Saturdays.