We Need You || Corey

**yes, I had to put a Corey POV but bare with me..this will be good.

The call was the worst part.

Corey had listened to Katrina as she screamed. He had listened as Katrina told him that his best friend, Sam, was in the bathtub with a razor in his hands. He listened as she cried his name, each sob breaking his heart more and more.

His first instinct was to get Colby. Then, he gathered the rest of the roommates and sat them down.

"Corey, what's happening?" Elton's leg was shaking, the only sign of his nervousness. The roommate dubbed as the 'Uncle' had gotten back into town only last night.

Corey cleared his throat, his face warm and his head pounding from the crying he had done. How would he tell the entire house that their best friend had tried to kill himself again, and this time, had most likely succeeded?

"Corey?" Jake was on the edge of his seat.

"It's Sam...." Corey choked back a sob and looked straight at Colby.

"What do you mean 'it's Sam'?" Colby's voice was barely above a whisper.

"Katrina called and she said...." Corey brought his hand to his mouth, his voice breaking. "She said -"

"Oh god," Colby moaned. He jumped to his feet and ran into the kitchen. The entire house echoed with the sounds of him throwing up.

"Where is he?" Elton was already putting his shoes on.

"I don't -"

"Where the fuck is Sam, Corey?" Elton yelled, tears already streaming down his face. "What hospital did he go to?"

"I don't even know if he's alive!" Corey yelled between his sobs.

From the kitchen, Colby let out a gut wrenching scream. Sounds of glass shattered and things being thrown made Jake and Aaron go running to him.

Devyn brought Corey close, hugging him and letting her him cry into her shoulder.

"He can't be dead!" Colby was screaming. "He can't be fucking dead!"

"Someone call Katrina! Find out what the fuck is going on!" Elton was yelling.

"Elton?" Corey called, looking at his roommate and most trusted friend. "Elton what if Sam is -"

"He's not, Corey," Elton's voice was broken, "he can't be."

Corey wiped the tears from his face, following Elton from the car. Jake and Aaron poured out from the house, a red faced Colby following behind them.

"Katrina?" Elton was talking into the phone.

"He's alive?"

A pause.

"Oh god...."

A long pause. Corey felt his heart beat get faster. The look on Elton's face was the look of a broken man. Behind them, Colby was whimpering and groaning as he cried. Sam's death would hit hard, but Colby would be affected the most.

"We are on our way, ok?"

A pause.

"Ok. Ok...." quieter, Elton cried, "ok."

And for the first time in a long time, Corey bowed his head and prayed. He prayed for Sam to make it through. He prayed for them to live.

And he prayed for everything to be ok.

=a few hours later=

He wasn't ok.

Corey didn't know if he'd ever be ok again. He could remember the talk Sam and he had on the way home from the hospital the first time.

It seemed like so long ago.

"Thank god you guys are -"

"HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?" Colby roared. He pushed past everyone, stopping only when he was so close to Katrina that their noses almost touched.

"Colby, stop-"

"How could you leave him alone? How could you let my best friend get this bad? Did you not see?" Colby screamed, his voice breaking every so often.

"I'm so so sorry," Katrina cried. Her face was swollen, indicating she had been crying for a while.

"Sorry isn't going to save Sam!" Colby hissed. He pushed past her and ran up to the hospital window. Corey felt something inside him break as he watched Katrina run from the hospital room.

In front of him, his roommates had gathered around Colby to see inside Sam's room. The blonde boy was deathly pale and his arms were wrapped in heavy bandages. A breathing mask was put over his face and his heart rate was barely stable.

"Why would he leave me?" Colby wailed, leaning into Elton.

"He's gonna be ok, Colby," Elton mumbled, holding the boy. But Corey could see through Elton's brave face and knew absolutely nothing was going to be ok.