Kansas || Sam

Three weeks.

It had been three weeks since Sam had left the Trap House and came home. The quiet house around him was a constant reminder of just how alone Sam had become. His friends and the people he had considered family had been left behind.

Elton has called constantly for the first week. Sam hadn't had the heart to answer. Not after he scrolled through his Instagram every night, seeing the pictures of Colby and Brennen together like nothing had happened.

It made his heart angry. He threw his phone on more than one occasion, screaming at nothing but empty air.

On the second week, Sam had posted a video of just him announcing the end of Sam and Colby. He hadn't bothered to read the fan mail or the comments that had followed.

But it was every day that Colby's eyes haunted him. The clarity they held when he had told Sam how he really felt. It had broken something deeper inside of Sam than ever before.

The darkness that held inside of Sam had slowly been enclosing on him. But Sam held onto his promises to his friends. He would not try to take his own life again. This time, Sam would deal with his problems.

Without Colby.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Elton's face appeared on Sam's phone. On instinct, Sam clicked the power button, ending the call. Before he could return to his show on the t.v, two messages popped up on the screen.

Elton: Sam we need you to answer. Now.

Elton: Sam, it's bad. Plz.

Sam stared at the messages, a hundred different scenarios running through his mind. Had Corey and Devyn gotten hurt? Did Jake finally do something so stupid that it hurt him? Was Colby....?

Sam dialed Elton back before he could finish that last thought. It didn't matter how mad he was at Colby, he still missed his best friend...his almost lover.

"Sam?" Elton's voice was raspy, as if he'd been crying for a long time.

"Elton, what's wrong?" Sam could barely keep his breathing in control.

"Sam, we were just messing around and he lost control of the wheel and...and...." Elton's voice broke into a series of sobs. "We didn't mean for him to get hurt!"

"Elton, what is it!" Sam could feel tears prick his eyes.

"It's Colby, Sam," Elton whispered. "They don't think he'll make it through the night...."

Sam dropped the phone, his heart stopping. He could hear Elton's voice through the speaker, calling to him, but all Sam could think about was Colby. He had wished his best friend would never make it back to the Trap House and that's exactly what had happened.

Shakily, Sam grabbed his phone off the floor and took a deep breath. "I'll be on the next flight out."

Elton was still sobbing into the phone. "Hurry, Sam...he doesn't have much time left."

*******

Love you guys 😈😘

Also my Riverdale Fanfiction is up. Y'all go read and support 🤷‍♂️ it's much appreciated.