Figure it Out || Colby

Colby couldn't control himself. All the anger and angst and worry had disappeared the second Sam had burst through his door. 

Making sure his towel didn't fall, Colby crossed the space between them and wrapped his arms around the blonde boy. Without a second thought, he pressed his lips firmly against Sam's and kissed him for as long as he could. Only when Colby had needed to breathe again, did he pull away. 

Sam stood still in Colby's arms, trying to catch his breath. 

"I meant it, Sam." Colby took a step back and watched Sam. He tried to keep himself calm as the blonde chewed on his bottom lip and stared at the floor. Colby needed Sam to say something. Anything. 

The brunette had been so sure that this was what Sam had wanted. But maybe he had just fooled himself into thinking what he wanted. 

"Colby, I...." Sam was struggling to speak. "I can't ever tell you how sorry I am. I fucked up so badly." 

"Sam, don't you ever feel sorry for feeling something. I should have been there for you." It was Colby's turn to cry now. Still in his towel, he took Sam back into his arms and kissed him again. "I'm the one who's sorry." 

Sam laughed quietly, wrapping his arms around Colby. "I've waited a long time for this." 

Colby shook his head and pulled away. "Ok, slow down, Romeo. This is turning into a romantic movie scene." 

"And what's wrong with that?" Sam was still staring at Colby's body. It made something inside Colby rear back and roar passionately. But he had to be patient. The two still had so much to figure out. 

"Nothing, Sammy." Colby had pulled out some clothes and grinned. "Now, were you staying for the show or...?" 

Sam blushed bright red and darted for the door. The blonde was cute when he was embarrassed. Colby had always thought that.

There was a certain happiness inside Colby as he watched Sam exit his room. Not only had he gained back his best friend, but he had kissed the one person he never thought he could have. Sam's lips had been so soft and his body had fit perfectly against Colby's. It made him excited in more ways than one. 

But it all felt like a dream. 

Colby was afraid he'd leave his room and the whole moment would evaporate. He was afraid Sam would be back in that hospital with Katrina watching over him and everyone wondering whether or not their best friend was going to die. 

That was another obstacle. Katrina. 

How was Sam going to love Colby and Katrina at the same time? She had been the blonde's girlfriend for a good amount of time now and Colby found it hard to imagine Sam leaving her. He loved her. It was plain to see. 

"I didn't know it took you ten minutes to put clothes on," Sam called from the hallway. 

Colby frowned, looking at his door. The thought of Sam waiting for him on the other side was accelerating. For now, Colby decided, he would be selfish with Sam. 

The brunette slipped into some shoes and raced to the door. Sam was still waiting on the outside, his bandaged arm facing away from Colby. That was another thing the brunette would have to talk to Sam about. 

But not now. Now they would enjoy the present. They could figure everything out later.