Chapter 12

Friends or Foes?
~*~

"So your trying to say that Eddie could possibly be faking all of this 'friendship' between the two of you?" Ayame spoke trying to understand.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. He hasn't been himself as he used to be. Even Sarada has said that supposedly herself and her friends seen Eddie meeting up with some stranger."

"Drug dealer?" She bluntly said raising up an eyebrow.

"Pft, if he was, he would've been caught sooner by then." (Y/N) laid her hands beside her cheeks, elbows used support on top of the table. Only to blow her bangs out of view and sigh, "I gotta figure this out."

"Your going to tell him?"

Nodding a no, "That's more like accusing him on things that I don't really like to do. I mean Eddie is such a sweet guy, I've never seen any bad things he's done. Well...except his unusual attitude lately."

Ayame gently pats her friends back when she sat besides her, "Hey, I do agree with you on this. Eddie is very kind and helpful with my customers. But if I were you, you should just keep it to yourself. Maybe check any clues or signs you spot anything unusual or something not normal. I'll help you."

"Thanks Ayame."

"Look, I'll keep an eye on him very carefully from now on. Just in case of any odd behavior comes around....wait a minute...he has been skipping Saturdays..."

"Ayame?!"

The hazel browned haired girl nervously sweat drops, "Hehehe, Eddie only told me that he had to do 'other things' such as a side job helping people like babysitting or doing chores from peoples homes."

"Oh, well he did mentioned that to me before. Only babysitting but...house cleaning?" She curved her eyebrows.

Ayame shrugged, "Possibly needs more money."

"More money..." she mumbled.

"Anyways (Y/N), you should go talk to Naruto about this problem. Maybe also Temari, Shikamaru and Hinata. Gather up some clues. Even ask your own daughter."

(Y/N) slid down the seat almost going underneath the table as she groaned, "I don't want the others to worry."

"Safety is first (Y/N), your life depends on it."

"...You have a good point there. I just don't want others to get all worried and be around me 24/7 as if I was their little girl again." She flushed in embarrassment thinking about those memories.

Ayame giggled, she sat up and adjusted her clothing, "It was funny when-"

"Please I don't wanna hear it." She grumbled looking away.

"I'll see you then (Y/N). Call me or text me anytime. Even if it's an emergency."

"Sure thing Ayame and thanks for having some time with me and the Ramen too." (Y/N) stood up from her seat and grabbed her purse over her shoulder.