Chapter 4

*FRIDAY NIGHT*

SCOTT

I stare at my closet, trying to figure out what to wear. I sound like such a girl.

I decide to just go with something simple, so it doesn't look like I'm going to a party, and so my parents aren't suspicious. I already told them right when I got home that I was going to "study with Kirstie". And they, of course, were fine with it.

I finally decide on a simple button up and some dark jeans. When I check the time, I have just enough time to find Kevin's house.

"I'm leaving!" I call, opening the front door. My parents call back, indicating that they heard me.

Entering the address from Mitch's text into maps and searching for it. I finally find it and pull into the driveway. It's a really big house. I see people on the front yard with cups in their hands.

I walk up to the front door and hesitantly knock. It swings open right away, revealing a dark skinned guy who is only a few inches shorter than me. I see masses of people behind him, and hear loud music blasting.

Suddenly a familiar figure appears at the guy's shoulder.

"Hey, Blondie," Mitch says, smiling at me.

Blondie?

"Kevin, this is Scott. Scott, Kevin," Mitch introduces the two of us.

"Cool of you to join us, Scott. Come right in," Kevin says, stepping out of the doorway.

I step inside and Kevin shuts the door behind me. People are dancing, talking, and making out. I glance around nervously, not sure what exactly to do. Kirstie was right. I shouldn't have come here. I don't fit in with these people.

"Have a drink." When Mitch speaks, I realize he's been at my side this whole time. He hands a cup to me.

Suddenly feeling courageous, I take a sip. Only one drink. That's all. My nose scrunches up at the taste. "What is this?"

Mitch laughs. His laugh is really cute, actually. "It's beer," he says, as if I should know that.

"Oh." I take another sip. It's not as bad as I thought, I guess.

I somehow get another drink after that one, and another, and another. Next thing I know I'm sitting on a couch and a few other people are with me, forming a circle.

Kevin sits on the couch next to me. "We're playing truth or dare, Scott. You in?" he asks.

"Yeah, sure," I reply, my words slurring together. Wait, how much did I drink again?

Mitch sits on my other side, sliding his arm around my waist. "Heyy, Scottie," he says, grinning lazily. He's drunk, like me.

Somebody starts, and eventually someone chooses Mitch. A guy in a beanie.

"Dare. I'm feeling spontaneous, Avi," Mitch announces, putting emphasis on the 'spontaneous'. So this is Avi. Hmm.

"I dare you to kiss the blonde one." Avi points to me.

I feel my cheeks heat up. Embarrassingly enough, I haven't had my first kiss yet. But Mitch is sooo attractive...

"This is Scott, Avi! Scottie the hottie! Duh!" Mitch giggles. He then takes my face in his hands and kisses me, hard.

I kiss him back, and ignore the whoops and whistles from our companions. He grips the back of my neck with one hand, and places the other on my chest.

"Damn, take it to the bedroom!" a voice calls out.

Next thing I know, that's exactly what we're doing.