1

~T.J~

Flying.
That's what I feel right now. I feel like I'm flying. Me and my horse Wrangler are flying across a field right now. It's 5:13am and we are out for our morning ride. In an hour we head back and I start morning chores and that takes an hour and then I'm off to school; sadly.  I don't hate school per say I just don't like it that much....ok I do hate school.

I see the familiar creek coming into view and I urge her faster.

We get to the edge of the creek and we sore over it easily. She is truly a amazing horse. She willingly barrel races, pole bends, and jumps for me. When I got Wrangler she was a starved,abandoned filly. She was terrified of people,actually everything. Leaves, sticks, bags, buckets, butterflies. You name it she was scared of it.

It took me 5 years of groundwork and bonding time to get her to fully trust me enough to ride her. It was all worth it though. In that time I trailer trained her we did ground poles tarp practice, pool noodles, bouncy balls, plastic bags ,cones, etc. At the end of the second year,she wasn't scared of a lot of things anymore. After that part was done, I started taking her to the the fun shows and Rodeos in our town. I just took her, I didn't do anything I just brought her so she'd get used to the commotion. At the fun shows I'd do halter class but that's about it. Just getting her used to everything that goes on. 

After all that, she finally trusted in me enough to let me start jumping around her, putting saddle pads on her and walking around, fitting her for a saddle, lunging, getting used to different bridles and bits, and finally fully tacking her up and just walking around.

That was all 2 years ago. She has come so far since I've gotten her. I loved her since I first saw her.  You could say she is my heart horse.

I take a glance at my watch and see it's 5:50. It's gonna take us at least 10 mins to get home from where we are right now. I ask Wrangler to make a sharp turn and then we head full force back home.

We come to a dead stop in front of the barn and I swing my right leg over her back and plop onto the ground.
I lead her inside the barn and as she walks into her stall I slip off her halter. Today I rode bareback with a halter. Bareback is not only my personal fav but it's also hers.
I put some grain and honey in her blue bucket and feed her. I do the same for my dads horse and my idiot brothers her. You'd think he'd feed him cause he's out of school but noooo I gotta feed his horses lazy butt, of course.

Oh, by the way my name is J.T!  I'm 16, 5'5, black messy kinda curly hair, and the weirdest eyes. It's a dark yellow like a wolf or cats eyes. Weird right?  I have a older brother named Cyrus. He is INSANELY protective of me and it's  A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G!!  He's literally shot off my partner on a school project before....that was embarrassing!  

After I fed the horses I head inside and wash my hands and then grab my backpack and then head back outside and in the car where my idio-I mean loving,caring brother is waiting for me.

"Hey Nitt wit"I say as I buckle up"Hey nerd"he tells me. He cranks up the radio in his old red Chevy and it's playing some new,up beat song and it's quite boring. So I pull out my ear buds and my phone and start listening to one of my fav songs"C'mon"by Amber Hayes. It's a awesome song.

And that's what goes on on the 12 min drive to West Ginger High School.

(Wrangler^)

(Wrangler^)