12

~T.J.~

"I'm in the kitchen grabbing some water when the window in the living room shatters.
2 men come on with what look like sharp sticks and I scream. My momma comes out of  the laundry room frantic. The men see her and start making their way towards her.
"T.J RUN!!  GO HIDE!!"she yells at me but I'm glued to my spot in the kitchen.
Cy comes running in from outside,sweaty. Probably from cutting the wood for the fireplace.
He sees the men and tries to stop them from getting to momma. One of the men give him a solid punch and Cy passes out instantly.
I scream and take off upstairs to my room when the same man starts slowly walking towards me.
I make it to my room a split second before the man grabs me.
I lock my door and I look around my room for a good hiding place.
My eyes land on my dresser. I lunge towards my dresser and slip underneath it,just in time to. The man comes into my room and covers his nose when he does. Does my room stink? 
That question leaves my mind when I hear my mommas screams coming from downstairs.
I'm about to jump out of my hiding place to save her when I'm grabbed from my hiding place. My little 8 year old arms start to bruise from the force of the grab.
I look up and see the man,yellow teeth in all,sneering right at me.
I can still hear my mommas screams from downstairs and I start to cry. Not only from the grip he has on my arm but from not being able to help my momma. I see the man reach behind him and he pulls out a knife. Right after I see it I feel a searing pain right under my rips"

I scream as I shoot up in bed.

My breathing is labored,my vision cloudy,and the room is starting to feel small.

I start to try and unwrap myself from the sheets of the bed but I struggle.

Once I somehow get out of them,I lurch out of the bed and to the door.

My vision is getting more limited by the minute and I act on instinct as I race towards the main door of the house.

When I reach the door,I fling it open,not aware of pretty boys friends worried looks as I do.

I jump off the deck steps and I land on my hands and knees on the summer grass.

My vision is slowly,slowly coming back to me and my breathing starts calming a little bit.

I have a death grip on the grass and dirt,not planning on letting go anytime soon.

I smell the sweet sweet smell of pine and bonfire smoke and my body starts to relax.

I feel hands grab my shoulders and lift me up so I'm sitting on my knees. This feels good and wired at the same time.

All these sparks

I look up and I'm met with these beautiful ice blue eyes.

I just now realize I've started crying when he wipes a tear away from my cheeks.

I feel this urge to cling against him and never let go.

I reach forward and grab onto him. Realizing he is shirtless. I would've blushed and let go of him if I didn't feel this big of a need to be comforted by him.

His big,safe arms wrap around me as I bury my face into his chest

I cry for what feels like hours but what probably only 15 minutes.

I start to feel a little tired and I realize that the suns not even up yet. Wow

My eyes start to close and before I drift off,I hear him whisper in my ear
"Go to sleep my princess"