37

~T.J~

-Before Jason,Monty,Cyrus,and James escape-

As Nix lead me into his office,he headed over to this one corner that had a wall with a built in bookshelf,a large table,and various other items. I watched him walk around and place things here and there,but I wasn't focused on him. My mind was with my little Monty. They've had to have fed him...right? He's probably screaming his head off right now!! Is he ok? Have they hurt him?

What if they've....they've.....k-killed him.....?

"T.J!  No,stop it!  Monty will be fine..."Nix stops what he's doing to come over and hug me.  I'll never get tired of his pine and bonfire smoke smell,it's heavenly.  He then goes back to what he was doing before I ruined it.

Get out of your own head T
Kashi reminds me. But this is who I am. The overthinker. I can't just turn this off!

The sound of something being sprawled across the large wooden table snaps me out of my own head. From where I was standing,it looked like a map of his pack land. At least,that's what the top of it says anyway.

"Ok,so This was the last spot that Jason was supposed to be patrolling,"he says as he circles a spot on the map with a blue dry erase marker "The rouge must have been downwind and quiet enough to follow Jason back to the pack house,go and get Montana,come down the stairs and for some reason only take one of the twins?"Nix says. But he's more or less talking outloud to no one in particular.

"It doesn't make any sense!"he growls.  He stands to his full height and runs his hands through his oh so beautiful silver hair. I get so jealous over his hair sometimes,it's so much more prettier than my kinda curly dark brown hair.  That we can't forget is frizzed most of the time!  Ugh

Nix opens his mouth,getting ready to say something else as he draws a arrow to another spot on his map,but is interrupted by a door slamming open.

We both jump and snap our heads to the door. There stands a slightly younger boy then me and Nix. Maybe 11 or 13. He's breathing very heavily.

"What is it Mike?"Nix asks in his full Alpha voice. That for some reason makes goosebumps appear on my arms and for me to shiver at the tone. Something about that made me feel all tingly inside. Weird

"T-The....G...Gamma.....h-h..urt...."he rasps out in his uneven breaths. I don't bother waiting for Nix and rush down the stairs. Not even halfway to the living room and I hear screams....Jays...screams.....

I urge my legs to run even faster and finally make it downstairs-with Nix on my tail-and see Jay screaming,full on sobbing,and clawing at his own skin.

I run towards him and kneel down beside him and put his head in my lap.  He can't stop screaming and crying. This is almost making me cry,seeing one of my best friends like this.

"Jay!  What is wrong!?"Nix screams at him but he gets no reply. Nix rips open his shirt and holy cow,let's just appreciate the pure muscle my man has.

It's so weird. His skin is clean!  No bruises,cuts,abrasions,scratches-besides the ones he's doing himself-,and no marks of any kind!  And there isn't any blood either!  What on earth is going on?!

Jay screams again,and jolts away from Nix who's examining his torso for any sign of injury. Which,there ain't any.

"I-I don't know what's wrong!!"Nix yells panicked,running his hands through his hair while his eyes still search over Jays body to see any sign of injury.

"S-Stop!!  Please!!"he'll scream over and over. This is breaking my heart,I can't imagine what this is doing to Pheonix!!  Nix has known him longer than I have!  They've grown up together...they are basically brothers!  I can't imagine the pain Nix must be feeling.