ACT II

.          Casts in this Chapter...

Olivia--First queen of Uzoakula and mother of Adaure.
Ngozi--maid in the palace.
•Oriaku--Handmaid to Adaure.
•Adaure--Daughter of Olivia and the first princess of Uzoakula.

Act II scene I

   The people are beginning to gather round at the palace for the ceremony and the music group are singing and displaying all kinds of acrobatic feats. Meanwhile Olivia has been looking for her daughter in the palace.

Olivia: Where do I find this girl now ehh, she's so carefree that even activities like this do not bother her. I am sure Nwamma must be preparing Akunna right now and no part of the Royal family should be late for the ceremony. Ngozi! Ngozi!! (She calls one of her maidservants).

Ngozi: Yes my Queen, (she prostrates).

Olivia: I want you to find out where Adaure is and report immediately back to me.

Ngozi: Yes my Queen. (Ngozi replies, leaving the queen's hut).

              (In Adaure's room)

Oriaku is helping princess Adaure prepare for the festival. She's adorning her with beads.

Oriaku: Your highness you are looking so gaiety, I'm sure that a lot of young men would struggle to speak to you today.

Adaure: I know that but isn't that as it should be. I am a member of the Royal household, the first princess of Uzoakula kingdom, the first maiden of all the maidens of my age so I should look this beautiful and even more. (She hesitates) oh! Oriaku..

Oriaku: Yes your Majesty.(she turns to face the Princess).

Adaure: I have something to give you. (She opens her closet and brought out a pair of beautiful green and golden wrapper and gives it to her).

Oriaku: But what do I do with this your highness?

AdaureTake it,wear it to the festival.

Oriaku:  But your Highness... (She tries to protest and return the wrapper).

Adaure: (she raised her hand to stop her from making any further statement)  No excuse, just do as I say, besides you don't have to worry about returning the clothe now,it's yours.

Oriaku:  (smiling) Really, thank you so much your highness.

Adaure: You're welcome.

          (A knock on the door)

OriakuWho is it ? (Ngozi replies)

AdaureOK, come in.

Ngozi:Your highness, the Queen your mother has been searching all over for you. She says you should come with me to the palace to see her.

Adaure: Ok,Oriaku arrange the things here and dress up. Make sure I see you at the festival.

Oriaku: Yes,your highness. (She prostrates as the other two left).

         Scene II

(*Wattpad error)
Next scene continues at the next chapter