ACT XIX

Act XIX Scene I
(In Uzoakula kingdom)

Everybody who opposed Princess Akunna and stood in her way to get the crown has been held hostage by orders of the Princess. Mazi Mbaka,  Mazi Ajuzie, Mazi Okoro, Princess Adaure, Mazi Anyanwu and Prince Akobundu are all present in the palace to serve as witnesses to the coronation.

Akunna: This is your last chance, are you sure you don't want to change your mind? Just give in and make me your ruler because either way I'll win and you would be the ones to suffer.

Akobundu: Akunna! Just stop this madness now.

Akunna: I guess you've made your choice (shrugs) Mazi Mbaka do the deed and let's get on with the procedure.

Obinna: Wait a minute...(Prince Obinna walks in with his guards)

Akunna: What do you want? (She asks as the men begin to restrain her) What's going on here?

Obinna: Timely intervention. Guards take her away.

Akobundu: Thank you so much Obinna, you came just in time.

Obinna: Hmm, but I didn't come to join a family fued or war, I just want to help settle things.

Akobundu: You must all be exhausted after your journey, come and have some rest.

Obinna: I can't rest until my work here is done. I have to speak to Akunna as soon as possible.

Akobundu: As you wish. The rest of your can come with me.

  Obinna walks out of the palace to speak with Akunna.

(Knock on the door)

Obinna: Yes, come in.

Mbaka: Your highness, I sincerely want to thank you for rescuing all of us. In fact, we're all here to thank you. (In walks Akunna, Adaure, Akobundu, Ajuzie, Okoro and Anyanwu)

Akunna: I feel so ashamed of the things that I've done, thank you for talking to me. Now I've realized that I can help my community in my own little way.

Obinna: You're all welcome but I won't take credit for what I did not do. The person who deserves your thanks and praises is also here with me. Nwaugo!

Nwaugo: Your highness (he bows)

Obinna: Tell Olaedo to come here immediately.

Nwaugo: Yes your highness.

Nwaugo leaves and returns with a nervous looking Olaedo.

Olaedo: Your highness, you called for me?

Obinna: Ah yes. Now everyone I'd like you to meet Olaedo, she was the one who gave the idea that it would be better to talk things out and it would seem, from the result of how everything turned out she wasn't wrong.

Mbaka: N...no...no...it can't... can't be. (Has a panic attack and falls to the ground)

Okoro: Mbaka what is wrong?

Obinna: What's wrong with him?

Ajuzie: Well your highness, it's just shock because Olaedo here looks exactly like a maiden of this land who lived among us years ago. But she's no longer here.

Obinna: What happened to her?

Ajuzie: She was sent into exile. Oriaku was her name.