ACT X

Author's note;

Hello dear readers, I'm so sorry I haven't updated this book in a verryy long time...I don't know if some people can forgive me especially those who have been waiting for an update for quite a while, I've been really busy with my real life and other books I have here on Wattpad.

But I'll try to complete this book in the next five months or less, so keep tuned to know how the story ends.

Finally, Happy New Year Dearest Wattpaders_2020 rocks 🙌🙌🎉🎉.

Without further ado, read on ↓↓

__________________

Act X Scene I

The scene opens to show Adaure the princess and Gideon, one of the king's guards in secluded place somewhere in the bush.

Adaure: I have been waiting for you, what took you so long?

Gideon: You know I have to leave the palace at a very auspicious time, so that my absence will not be felt. What is the problem?, why have you called me here?

Adaure: It's the King, my father. He is still insisting about the issue of marriage. I have told him everything I could, but he will not change his mind.

Gideon: Well, if marrying Akobundu will secure your family's future and make your father proud, why don't you go ahead with the wedding. After all, I'm nothing but a common palace guard and you're the princess, things will never work out between us.

Adaure: (she moves closer to him and places her hands on his shoulders) why are you talking like this? You know I have never thought about you in that manner. I do not want to marry Akobundu, if you care about me so much, then do something to help me.

Gideon: it is like I said, I'm a servant of the palace and cannot go against my king, he is your father you should do want he wants. I have to go back to the palace before Ubaka starts looking for me.

Adaure: Gideon, ( he halts as he was going out. She came closer again and used both her hands to cup his chin). There would be a celebration held in honour of my upcoming marriage to Akobundu five nights from now, when the celebration gets too rowdy, I'll escape and wait for you by that largest mango tree that's right behind the palace that leads to Ife stream. Meet me there, let's leave together, away from this kingdom, my father, and all that would stand in our path. I'll leave now, you should too. Kachifoo
( she pecked his cheeks and walked past him into the darkness heading for her home).
  Gideon runs a hand through his head and exhales before looking around the area and he too walked off.

     Scene II

Now at Ebisa kingdom, Olaedo and Ezinne are living together peacefully as daughter and grandmother. Olaedo is fully aware that her mother,Oriaku , had died few minutes after giving birth to her.

Ezinne: Olaedo! Olaedo!!

Olaedo: Mama, I am here any nsogbu? (Problem ).

Ezinne: I want you to buy me some things from the market. Here is the money and the list. Come back quickly so that we can prepare the food early.

Olaedo: Yes, mama. But mama you know that the market is quite far from our house, try to get me a bicycle so I can be transporting myself.

Ezinne: okay, but you will still be the one to buy it from the market.

Olaedo: No nsogbu, I'll leave now.

Ezinne: come back quickly, ó sòkwá leema anya (if you like stay and look around). This child eeh.

              ~***~

  Presently, Olaedo is in the market haggling the price of vegetable with the trader.

Trader: Nwam, afa ego mkporo gi bu ife ana ele ya. Amaghi m etu esi egwu mmadu wayo. ( my child, this is the actual price everywhere. I don't know how to cheat people).

Olaedo: Amam, papa, mana ego ya akarisila, o dika ichoghi ka m zutacha ihe niile m kwere maka ya bia ahia. (I know that father, but the price is too high, or else you don't want me to buy all that I came to the market for?

Trader: Ó bughi etu ahu, ngwanu wetezie ego ole iji ( it hasn't come to that, okay bring any amount you have with you).

Olaedo: Ehn, imeela. (She hands him the money and puts the vegetables in her her bag). Ngwanu, ahia oma.

She turned to leave but suddenly tripped and fell flat on her face, almost everything she  bought fell on the sand.

Olaedo:  look what you've done. (She stands up to face the man before her, dressed in neat traditional senator attire) Didn't you hear me, you've destroyed most of the foodstuffs. Can't you say something? ( she throws one tuber of cocoyam at him).

Obinna: Excuse me?

Olaedo: who do you think you are? You're the reason why my foodstuffs are covered in sand and you can't even say the word sorry.

Obinna: I'll pretend I didn't hear that

Olaedo: okay, then you must be  more dense than I thought.

Obinna: you're a smart mouth aren't you, well let's see how you survive the night in the palace dungeon. Ebuka! Ebuka!!

Trader: Your highness, ndu ogologo rukwa gi. Biko amam Onye nwatakiri a , o bu ezi nwata, gbahara ya biko. (  your Highness, may you live long. Please I know this child and she's a good one, please forgive her).

Obinna: Nna anyi , ihe m ga eme ya bu ikuziri ya agwa oma, oweghi otutu ihem ga eme ya. (Elderly man, I'm only going to teach her some manners, I'm not going to punish her much).  Ebuka take this girl, she's coming with us

Olaedo: Please, please! I'm sorry, please! no! no!!

Ebuka: Keep quiet, kpachapuru anyaoo (respect yourself)

  (They dragged Olaedo along with them, disregarding her pleas, the traders stood dumbstruck unable to utter a word ).

              ~~***~~

  Next update comes ___anticipate.
How will Ola cope in the palace and what awaits Prince Obinna soon??.

😘kisses
I love you