ACT IX

ACT IX Scene I

After a few days,  Oriaku and Ezinne are getting along and becoming closer to each other.

Oriaku: So most of these plants are medicinal.

Ezinne: Of course, some are medicine and food into one. Some are also believed to have the ability to prevent the presence of wild animals.

Oriaku: That's great

Ezinne: Do you remember when you were feeling sick and suddenly the feeling went away, it was because the herb I used in preparing that food you ate was also medicinal.

Oriaku: Good, good, if only Papa was here, he would be so thrilled.

Ezinne: Your Father?

Oriaku: (she nods) Yes.

( Then slowly, even in tears Oriaku narrated all that happened to her).

Ezinne: Do not worry my child, forget them, they're not in your life anymore. You should instead be happy for yourself and the child you would be bringing into this world.  We would take care of this child together and the three of us shall be happy, okay?  Ndòò (sorry), stop crying.
   (She consoles her and soon Oriaku stops crying).

      Scene II

Many years later in the Kingdom of Uzoakula.  A lot has happened since Oriaku and Samuel were banished from Uzoakula, Ejike couldn't bear the pains, he died few weeks after the occurrence. Most lives seem to have forgotten that there was such a family in that land, but the effect of what happened begins to affect some lives.

  King Ezeugo is shown in his palace, sitting on his throne, lamenting.

King Ezeugo: (Lamenting) I do not know another way to talk to the girl and make her see sense in what I am saying. She should not make me force the issue on her.  Infact..., Ubaka!, Ubaka!!

Ubaka: Your Majesty (he prostrates)

King Ezeugo: Go and call Adaure my daughter. Tell her not to delay in coming here.

Ubaka: Yes your Majesty (he leaves)

  (After few minutes, Adaure comes in prostrates before the king)

Adaure: Eze anyi (Our King), may you live long.

King Ezeugo: Live long also, have a seat. (She sits down) Adaure you know that you're not getting any younger, so is myself,  and all that I want for you is to live a good life even when I'm gone.  I want you to get married to Prince Akobundu of Ekendu Kingdom.

Adaure: But Papa what of Akunna.

King Ezeugo: What. about. Akunna?

Adaure: Shouldn't she be pressurized to get married as well, cause it is like I am the only one being one talked to about this.

King Ezeugo: You talk as if you don't know the laws and tradition of this kingdom, you will disgrace me in public one day because of your ignorance. (He paused and continued). Listen, because I do not have a male child, after my death the people would find someone else worthy of the throne. But if I can get you married to a prince, then you can still be allowed on the throne,  that is if your husband is willing to lead the people of our land.   That is why I want to get you married to a royal blood so your situation can be saved. As for your sister, the law doesn't apply to her, she's free to marry anyone, royal or not.

Adaure: But this is unfair...h..

King Ezeugo: what is unfair?! (He loses his temper). Adaure, I do not know what has gotten into you and why you have recently started behaving like this, the next time I bring up this matter would be when the prince comes over to this kingdom to tell me his mind.  Get out of this place.

Adaure:  (she stands, prostrates and leaves the throne room).

King Ezeugo: Leekwanù ìhe bïárà m na nwa nke. Nnam zobakwa mu. ( where have I wronged this child. my father save me ).

      Scene ends...

.......................

I want to thank everyone that has been with me from the beginning of this story till now, even in my inconsistent updates 😸😸😸.

Ásìm ka Udochukwu nonyere únù.
(The Peace of Yahweh be with you all)

You can find me on INSTAGRAM_@amyirechi  and Facebook @Amyirechi_writes.

I'll follow back.