ACT IV

From previous chapter; Samuel a kindred from another community develops interest in Oriaku and talks with Mazi Ejike about it. He agreed to it and they decided to meet the King about it.

         **************

Act IV Scene I

  At the palace,the King and his chiefs were talking and laughing as to the events that happened on the day of the festival, when Mazi Ejike and Samuel entered.

Ejike: Igwee!(your Highness), May you live long and a pleasant day to the elders of this community.

HRH: Isee!, (he pats them on the back) What have brought you here today and who is this man with you?

Ejike:Your Highness, the man standing here with me is known as Samuel, from the neighbouring village Oziamakam.

HRH:Oh,a kindred of Oziamakam. You are welcome what brings you here?

Ejike:(cuts Samuel) Pardon me your Highness, but he has come to stay at my place for a while and he would also be helping in the farm,you know that I can't handle that farm by myself.

HRH:Well that's good for you to have someone to help, but then remember he is a stranger and we cannot give him free access to our village.

Ejike:I know your Highness.

Mbaka:Don't be offended by what the King said, it has been in our tradition that strangers or people from other villages who wish to stay here will have their activities always monitored.

Ejike: You do not have to explain, I know that already. Your Highness, if we have gotten your permission now, can we take our leave?

HRH: Oh yes you may.

         (They bow and leave the palace).

  Scene II

So many days have passed after the day of the Yam festival, there is peace in the land and joy in every home,except for one. The King feels restless and he sends for Mbaka.

King Ezeugo:Ubaka! Ubaka!! Uba..(Ubaka comes in)

Ubaka:Yes your Highness, may you live long (he prostates).

King Ezeugo:I want you to run quickly to Mbaka's house and tell him to come see me right now.

Ubaka: Alright your Highness. ( he bows and leaves)

         Few minutes later,Mbaka arrives at the palace.

Mbaka:Your Royal Majesty, is anything at stake, that you can't wait to talk with me about it tomorrow?

HRH: Mbaka, you know that you are my most trusted advisor so I believe you won't do anything to break my trust in you.

Mbaka:No,of course not your Majesty.

HRH: Then I have to tell you that your King is restless right now and has found no peace yet. (Mbaka looks confused) Ever since the day of the new yam festival, I have had no peace.

Mbaka: And for what reason is that?

HRH: It has to do with the daughter of Ejike the farmer, Oriaku.

Mbaka:What has she done?

HRH: Nothing worth punishing for. But since that day,I haven't found any peace because of her.

Mbaka: You r Majesty, don't tell me the issue is what I'm thinking?

HRH: I do not know what you are thinking, but I do have an idea that you know what I'm talking about.

Mbaka: Your Majesty, we have to solve this issue of yours as soon as possible. The village must not be affected by this. I will go and sleep over it so that I can come up with a solution before it gets out of hand.

HRH: Alright Mbaka, you have really done well by coming as soon as you were called. Go safely and see you soon.

Mbaka: Igwee!(he prostrates and leaves, the king leaves too).

         Scene is ended.

👏👏👏
Yes well done for reading this to this point you're really a darling,so please appreciate by tapping on that star and leaving a comment if you wish.

    Finally we have gotten to the high point of this story, why don't we  continue to read to find out why Oriaku is starting to bother the king.
Uh-oh I pity her.

Like I advised at the first chapter of this book to have it in your list or library if you're a fan so you'd easily get  notified on an update.

Thanks for reading....