ACT XVII

Act XVII Scene I

The next morning, Prince Obinna made his way into the dungeon. He walked to the cell Desmond is kept in, opened the lock and went into the cell.

Obinna: Did you have a wonderful night, Desmond?

Desmond: (he turns at the sound of the prince's voice and bows his head) Your highness.

Obinna: Save the courtesy. I thought having guards around, meant that we are protected from evil. I never could have believed you would do something like that to a helpless girl.

Desmond: I'm sorry your highness.

Obinna: Oh! Now you're sorry, had I not shown up last night, would you not have achieved your plan. I will ensure that your family is notified of what you have done. I will make sure the men, women and youths of this kingdom are present to witness your punishment in the village square, then your mother shall see the shame you have brought upon her.

Desmond:( he fell down to Obinna's feet and started weeping) No, your highness please don't do that to my mother. I will tell you the real reason why I did that.

Obinna: So, there's a reason. Then speak up.

Desmond: I did it for my cousin Egobumma, she told me that she has her fears about your affection towards her and because of that palace maid your attention to her is being divided. She pleaded with me to take Olaedo out of the picture.

Obinna:(waved his left hand to Desmond) Did she specifically tell you to rape her.

Desmond: No, she only ordered me to remove Olaedo between you guys.

Obinna: I see, how will she feel when you're the one who goes out of the picture? Are you sure she will be bothered... Well, there's only one way to find out.
  From today henceforth, you're relieved from your duties. If I should ever hear or see a repeat of what happened last night, you will regret it forever. Nwaugo! Nwaugo!!

Nwaugo:(runs into the cell) Yes your highness.

Obinna: Desmond cease to be a worker of the royal household from today, ensure that he packs his belongings and leave this palace before noon. Do you understand?

Nwaugo: (bows) Yes, your highness.

    Scene II

This scene is located in Uzoakula kingdom.
As trouble kept brewing in the Royal household and the kingdom at large, the rumor goes about that there's an uprising by some guard against royalty. These rebellious group are led by princess Akunna.
   Princess Akunna and the rest of the royal family and council of elders are shown, arguing in the throne room.

Chief Ajuzie: Princess Akunna, I'm sure we can settle this. It hasn't even been a month since we laid the late king to rest, at least, let's give him some respect please.

Akunna: (shouts) Respect my foot! He's already rotting in his grave, besides, if I remember correctly, he never gave my mother and I the respect we deserved. We were always second-best to him. But whenever it concerned Adaure and her mother, it became like we never even existed, but that's about to change now. I know he didn't put my future into consideration, only that of his eldest daughter whom he married off to this lousy excuse of a prince. Now I have come to take back what I deserve as the daughter of a king, make me queen and the ruler of Uzoakula kingdom.

Chief Okoro:( puts his both hands on his head) Chei! Árù!! (exclamation for abomination!)

Adaure: (comes towards her sister) Please Akunna, it has not come to this. We can talk this over as a family...

Akunna: (raises her hand) Look who's talking about family, my adulteress of a sister... (Looks around at everyone in the room) Do you people even know the real reason behind Father's death?

Adaure: Wha...t?

Akunna: Oh! You must have forgotten, well let me refresh your memory. Everyone, my dear sister here (she claps in front of Adaure's face) had extramarital affair and shamelessly admitted to father, which triggered his heart attack and killed him.

Akobundu: And how did you know that?

Akunna:(smiles) I happened to be walking to father's room that fateful day, when I saw everything that happened and how she saw him die but instead of calling for help, she laid him on his bed. But that is a matter for another day, now we are talking about giving me the crown. I've already turned most of the guards and youths against you and those of them that refused to side with me, I destroy their means of livelihood. Let us see how this kingdom shall last without it's citizens.
  So, Maazi Mbaka...what's your final verdict?

They were all left speechless after Akunna's exposure. Prince Akobundu hung his head in shame and left the throne room while the Chiefs looked at one another in confusion.
....

Hei! Árú eme! (Abomination!)

I hope you can remember these people, but if not.
For clarity sake;

Akunna: Daughter of Nwamma, the second wife to King Ezeugo.

Adaure: Daughter of Olivia, the first wife to king Ezeugo.

Akobundu: Prince of Ekendu kingdom, husband to Adaure.

Chief Okoro & Chief Ajuzie: Elders in the palace council.

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE...THIS STORY JUST HAVE THREE CHAPTERS LEFT.

❤❤❤