ACT II Scene II

This Act is a continuation of the previous Act, I don't know but it's like something went wrong and scene IV of that part erased. Please my sincere apologies.

Act II Scene II

    Outside the palace, the people are already waiting for the arrival of the Royal household, then Chief Ajuzie stands to speak to them.

Ajuzie: The people of this great kingdom,the Uzoakula people, Kweenu!

People: Yaa!

Ajuzie: Kweenu!!

People: Yaa!!

Ajuzie: Kweezuonu!

People: Yaa!!!

Ajuzie: I greet you all. We are gathered here today to celebrate the New yam Festival and also to thank the Creator for the good and plentiful harvests. As we can see the yams look so big, I wonder how the meals of today will taste (the people laughs). Alright,now I will invite my senior in position as the Chief of this Kingdom to give his speech. Let us all put our hands together as we welcome chief Mbaka Iweh. ( he goes off the podium to his seat as chief Mbaka stands).

Mbaka: (comes up to the stage) My people, my brothers, sisters, daughters, sons,mothers and fathers, ndewoo (welcome) It is with a cheerful heart that I speak before you today,we have come today as tradition requires of us to celebrate. Therefore, we shall all rise to acknowledge the coming of his royal highness, King Ezeugo II of Uzoakula and his family.
(The people stands)

Ezeugo: My great people of Uzoakula Kweenu!

People: Yaa!

EzeugoWe thank Chiokike (God of creation) for making a day like this possible. We are here today to celebrate the new yam festival just as our ancestors celebrated it. It is our tradition that once the yams are harvested in a new year,it is celebrated. Farmers, the producers of our food are also the reason why today is being celebrated, farmers are am I correct?

People: You are correct indeed.

HRH: We shall now pray for the harvest of this year. (Silence takes over as the king begins praying). We thank thee for the providence and good health and pray that thou shall grant us more bountiful harvests in the coming years, so be it.

People: So be it.

HRHokay now everyone we would relax and watch most entertainments that the youths have prepared for us.

   An hour passes and then two, the men, women and youths have presented, Oriaku joined the females in the performing the local welcome song and dance.   She looked beautiful in her attire, getting the attention of many especially men.

Later food and drinks were served and the people ate to their fill until dusk.

HRH: My people, we have come to the end of today's activities, we have really enjoyed today not only as a community but also as a family and we pray that come next year it will be better. I thank you all for sacrificing everything you had to do today just to be here, may the Almighty repay you in a hundred fold.

People:  So be it.

HRHWe may all depart to our homes and rest.

**************************

Yeah, congrats for reading till this point. 😘😘 for you.

 SherryGold,Rita_writes,Dictamy thanks for the love on this book.
So people the usual, let's...............
↓    and ↓ thanks.