4 [Edited]

A/n: Is it just me who finds this moment the most iconic Gratsu moment of all time?

Free hugs! 🤗 (I know that's not the situation but the sped up if does look like a bit of a hug

Free hugs! 🤗 (I know that's not the situation but the sped up if does look like a bit of a hug...No? Oh okay then...)

-

Gray nervously made his way out of the guild. The sound of his footsteps echoing around the empty streets.

'Darn I'm such an idiot...Why didn't I just swallow down my pride and ask him!?' Gray scolds himself, taking a sharp turn down an another street of magnolia.

'Or I shouldn't of left so late.'

Gray looked up, for the first time in a while just staring at the sky. No thoughts wracking his brain due the peaceful atmosphere of the evening effecting his mind. The moon (which was surprisingly high in the sky) danced in harmony with the stars. Gray just shook his head and continued walking.

'No time for star gazing' He scolds himself once more. The sight of his apartment close by resulting in him letting out a sigh of relief.

"Well...What do we have here?" A voice rang out, causing Gray's head to snap in their direction.

"Who's there?" Gray questions, authority lacing his tone. His eyes sharp scan the area, analysing every angle of the street he was surrounded in.

'Might come in useful later...'

"No need I'm right here" It once more echoes around the streets. Until Gray finds the source...Ironically right in front of him.

"What do you want?" Gray demands harshly. He wouldn't deny it...He was on edge. Constantly worried, and extremely skeptical.

"Oh well...Hard question. In simpler terms..." they trail off. Gray uses the opportunity (now he is familiar with his surroundings) to analyse the figure himself. The figure -who he assumed was male- wore a long cloak; which prevented the exposure of his face. His cloak extends out almost like a blanket engulfing him. All the way towards his ankles. All Gray could see was dark clothing and glimpses of pale skin from those mistaken exposed areas.

"You."

Gray tensed up, before getting in a fighting position.

"If a fight is what you want...A fight you shall receive" the figure laughs dryly, before letting down their hood.

Gray was right, it was indeed a male. They had locks of red hair framing his face with sharp, piercing luminous yellow-orange orbs. Gray also noticed (which was extremely evident) the large scar which has made itself comfortable across his left eye.

"I have the superior magic" he smirks, probably the most sinister smirk Gray has seen. It sent thousands of shivers running down his spine. This was not good. But Gray knew this guy had good agility and stealth to follow him this far without him noticing so running back to the guild wasn't an option. Plus...Why should he drag other people into his problems?

"And what may that be?" Gray responds, keeping the anxiety away from his tone. However Gray never expected those words to be void of any emotion.

"Oh wow. Cold." The figure snickers. Gray glared at them, not saying a word.

"Oh? Don't give me the cold shoulder. Oh...It may be hard shoulder but who cares?"

Gray still remains silently, glaring at the figure. His patience running thin.

"Crash magic" he smirks, causing Gray's eyes to widen drastically.

The now pronounced crash mage sent a heavy punch to the ground. Smashing the ground beneath him. Shards of earth immediately retreated from the heavy artillery of his foot, Gray immediately jumped to the side, dodging his previous attack. The sound of the stray gravel and concrete underneath his feet being absorbed into the atmosphere

"Ice Make- Geyser!" Gray yelled, sending a seemingly biconcave-shape of ice towards his opponent. His opponent smirked, before smashing his geyser into small pieces.

'Crap!'

"Is that the best you've got?" He questioned in a joking manner, his arrogance rolling off him in waves. Gray's face began to expose his inner-agitation at his opponent; causing a smirk to crawl across his opponents lips once more.

"Urgh! You're getting on my nerves. Ice Make- Cannon!" Gray yells, his fists colliding together, forming one as a magic circle began to emerge from under his feet. A shape began to emerge as he summoned a cannon with his maker-magic magic abilities before firing, skidding back from the impact. The figure widened their eyes.

'He knew that anything with a strong structure wouldn't work...Clever.'

Leaping out impact before the newly found snow manages engulf him.

"So...You're smarter than I thought. I'll give you that but you'll have to do better than that."

"Damn!" Gray curses out loud. He doesn't seem to have any more options. What he said was true...He really does have superior magic.

"Well I've done playing now" the figure states, before appearing behind him. Before Gray has time to react he felt pressure upon his head before it all went black.

'I'm sorry Fairy Tail...Natsu."

The crash mage smirk never left hid face as Gray's body fell limp on the smashed concrete.

"Even his demeanor is ice cold" he chuckles to himself.

"What the perfect specimen."

Those were the last words this mysterious figure uttered before he vanished Gray slung effortlessly over his shoulder.

-