5 [Edited]

It was around three o'clock in the afternoon and Gray still hasn't shown up at the guild the next day...

Gray always turns up before lunch time, he usually can't stand not being here. He definitely didn't go on a job, Mira confirmed it so where was he? Natsu could tell the rest of team Natsu we're worried too. Heck, the whole guild was worried. It didn't seem like the same guild without him. But worst of all...Natsu was worried. And Natsu did not enjoy the emotion one bit.

It was rare for Natsu to become so worried. But the fact Gray hasn't showed up was slowly building up a pit of anxiety in his stomach. He usually didn't allow himself to get this worked up but with the information Gray gave him the day before negative thoughts swarmed his mind. He hated to betray Gray's trust but if Gray was in trouble and he didn't nothing about it he wouldn't be able to live with himself. However... It was hard to earn Gray's trust in the first place... And he intends to keep it.

"Where do you think Gray is?" Lucy asks worriedly.

"I don't know but there's something he hasn't told you" Natsu states. His serious tone returning.

"Huh?" Wendy questions quietly.

"Something...He hasn't told us? Is that what he talked to you about yesterday?" Erza questions, authority lacing her tone.

"Yeah...Well how about we go and investigate his place? If something seems wrong I'll tell you as I don't want to betray his trust" Natsu offers. Erza and Lucy share a look before nodding.

"Alright, let's go."

-

The group had been walking for about five minutes before coming to a haul. Surprised mirrored on all of all of their faces upon seeing the street before them. Despite the bright sun shining of Magnolia the street stood out. It was clear a battle took place here. Pieces of cracked concrete littered the area, the street itself was cracked. The cracks in the cobblestone consuming the area.

But that wasn't the worst of it at all...No. The worst? Was the ice.

Pieces of broken, seemingly un-melted ice also littered the area. The stared their wide eyed for a moment before quickly searching for anymore clues which could indicate what happened in the battle the previous evening.

"Oh my god! I can't believe this has happened!" Lucy exclaimed, examining the cracks in the cobblestone.

"This deeply worries me...This seems like...Crash magic"

"The same magic guild arts uses?" Happy gasps. Wendy stares worry evident in her hazel eyes.

"I hope Gray's okay..."

"Gray's strong. I know he can hold on don't worry Wendy" Lucy reassures.

"Oh crap!" Natsu yells, drawing their attention.

"What is it Natsu?" Erza questioned walking behind Natsu to look at the object in his hand.

"T-That's impossible?"

"Huh?"

"It's Gray's necklace...Gray goes nowhere without this necklace. It's literally apart of him" Natsu explains, looking down at the cross-shaped necklace in his hand.

"I can't believe-"

"It must've been a violent fight..." Erza trails off. Not really knowing what to say except the extreme worry Erza felt got her not only team mate, but her best friend.

Natsu sniffs the air before sighing.

"I can't smell his scent just yet" Natsu admits.

"Let's go warn Fairy Tail" Erza suggests. Although everyone is fully aware it more of a demand rather than a suggestion.

"With all of the dragon slayers working together you'll find Gray in no time."

"You're right. His necklace will be a great help" Wendy confirms before turning to Carla who was currently turning down Happy with a frown on her face. Natsu sighs, before staring at the necklace worried glint in his eye.

'Don't worry popsicle...We'll find you soon.'

-

"So...What is this information he didn't tell us?" Lucy asks curiously.

Natsu sighed, knowing he was going to have to tell them.

"Well...It was something one of those thief's said" Natsu admits. "'Something like we will see you again soon and that's when your magic changes'" Natsu adds quotation marks to emphasise his point.

"That's a pretty big thing not to tell us!" Happy complains.

"Natsu's right. And I believe this is all linked" Erza states worriedly.

"When his magic changes...? That makes no sense..." Lucy wonders out loud.

"Well...Gray doesn't really make much sense to begin with" Happy responds causing Natsu and Erza to glare at him.

"Ahhh! Save me Lushy!"

Lucy sighs before bringing her attention to the necklace in his hand.

"Why do you think the attacker would deliberately leave the necklace there? I mean sure he could've lost it but what's the likelihood after all the years fighting with it for him to loose it?"

"Lucy has a good point" Erza comments before taking a glance at the necklace.

"No matter what it is...We'll save Gray. Don't worry Natsu."

"I wasn't worrying" Natsu huffs.

Erza just smiles before chuckling to herself.

'I think Juvia has a run for her money.'

Lucy gave her a strange look before shaking it off. She was apart of Fairy Tail after all.

-