10

Gray finally closed the book he had been reading the past few hours. He was surprised he was still awake (ironically) turning to the clock he noticed in was midnight. Gray stood up shakily before a determination floods his features.

"Training it is."

Gray stood their thinking for a moment. But...How was he going to do that? He knew he needed help and he was quite certainI he was going to regret the decision he just made. How bad can asking Natsu he after all?

-
Gray stood the over side of the guild a nervous expression upon his. It's not like he had a reason to be nervous. It was unexplainable. Then again, everything seemed unexplainable lately. Gray sighed before shaking his head. 'Pull yourself together' Gray scolded himself before walking over to Natsu who was currently fighting Laxus.

"Flamebrain!" Gray yells catching the dragon slayers attention.

"What popsicle?" Natsu calls back, dodging Laxus's fist which was currently surrounded by lightning.

"Look errrr...You see I don't really know how this dragon slayer thing works and-"

"So you want my help?" Natsu questions, before grinning. Laxus pauses the fight before staring blankly at them both.

"Yeah" Gray admits. The two turn to look at him and Laxus raises his eyebrow in question.

"That's a new one. Great for me anyhow he'll be to busy to pester me" Laxus comments.

"Hey!" Natsu counters. "You wanted to fight just as much as I did."

"Because you wouldn't keep your mouth shut for a single second!"

Gray just shrugged. "That's Natsu for ya."

"Don't you get involved. You're the one who wanted me help after all" Natsu retaliates.

"If you're gonna be like that I'll figure it out on my own."

Natsu shakes his head:

"Nope, I'm gonna help you!" Natsu states determinedly.

"Alright" Gray sighs. 'What did I just get myself into?'

-

Ten minutes later the two found themselves in a field near Fairy Tail. Natsu was grinning excitedly.

"Why are you so eager to help me?" Gray questions, a serious edge in his tone. Natsu blinks at him in confusion before replying.

"Numerous reasons, you're on team Natsu, the fact that if you learn this magic we'll really be able to tell who's stronger and also because I class you as my friend even if you are annoying."

Gray stares at him before nodding. "Alright where do we start?"

"A roar" Natsu responds. "They're the easiest to do. The easiest way to do it is to take in a deep breathe. Like...Errrrr...One you take before going under water?"

Gray laughs before shaking his head.

"Great explanation pyro."

"Yeah okay. The point is you should try it" Natsu rolls his eyes.

"Alright, alright. I still don't really know how to approach it though" Gray admits.

"There's two ways. The first one is the more 'complicated' way. You sort of get into a stance. I don't really know how to explain it. You position your hands above your mouth sort of like a way a trumpeter does before releasing the roar. Sort of carving it between your fingers to create thin streaks and it enlarges as it travels through the air" Natsu begins. "The second one just the starboard exhaling whatever element roar without any stance...Although different dragons can perform roars differently. Don't think about it. Act on your instincts it's the best way to do it." Gray stares at Natsu impressed before nodding.

"I think I get it. I do have a sort of imagine in my mind of how to do it. Not too sure how to describe it" Gray admits.

"Yeah do that!"

Gray nods, closing his eyes. He begins focussing his strange new magic. He could feel it moving around his body before his eyes snap open. Gray could feel the temperature dropping around him as he stares at his hand.

'This magic...It doesn't feel the same it feels almost sinister.'

"Gray?"

"Oh...Yeah."

Gray quickly takes an inhale of breath, positioning his right hand above his mouth before releasing the magic he had been building up inside him.

"Ice Dragon Roar!" Gray yelled, a harsh beam of ice and snow immediately penetrates the tree in front of him.

"I hate the admit it, but that was pretty good for your first attempt" Natsu grumbles. Gray found himself smiling slightly, before he turned to Natsu.

"Hey Natsu?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."