9

"Ahhh! No! You don't do it like that! You do it like this" Wendy exclaims, providing an example.

"But the question is: What is the different between that and this?" Gray questions grumpily. Wendy sighs.

"You move you hands so stiffly" Wendy attempts to explain.

"Oh so like this...!"

"Ahhhh! No that's freezing the poor fish!" Wendy yells.

"Oh...So like-"

Gray pauses before returning to his prior position. Lightly lowering his hands. Surprise washes over both dragon slayers as a dark blue glow emits from Gray's palms. Healing the dead fish in front of them. The fish springs up to life (much to Happy's disappointment).. Gray smiles a small almost un-noticeable smile. However Wendy notices and smiles with him.

"You finally did it!"

"Awww man! I was hungry" Happy complained.

"Oh yeah...I really did. Well erm...Thanks Wendy" Gray states hesitantly.

"What's the next step?" Gray questions eagerly.

"I never thought I'd ever teach someone this...Erm....Wait a moment-"

"No it's fine Wendy. I don't expect you to do anything else" Gray responds carefully.

"I was just wondering either more practice or...Research. Never thought I'd be learning this myself" Gray thinks out loud.

"Research would probably be better. How do you have so much magic power left?" Wendy asks, curiosity dominating her judgement.

"I don't really know" Gray answers truthfully. "Well I better get going" Gray murmurs. Gray ruffles Wendy's hair before leaving. Happy follow shortly after.

"Hey you saved the fish and now you're going to walk away? No fair!"

Wendy giggles before picking up the fish.

"Sorry! Come on let's get you in the lake."

-

Gray arrived in the library shortly after his 'lesson' from the younger dragon slayer. Happy trailing behind him. He caught sight of Natsu, Erza and Lucy at the far end of the library. Causing a nervous sensation go flood his body. Natsu was sitting boredly in comparison to the two girls (who were also doing research ironically) Gray sighed, before slowly walking up to them.

"What are you up to?"

"You big meanie!" Happy yelled at Gray before quickly running over to Natsu.

"What's he done to ya pal?" Natsu questions worriedly.

"What have I done to him?" Gray questions angrily.

"He saved a dead fish! I was hungry" Happy complained. Lucy gave him a confused look.

"You...What?"

"Wendy was teaching me how to put this support magic to some use...Which required healing. And it so happens the dead fish that Happy wanted to eat was a great contestant for my attempt at healing magic."

"Healing magic?! Like that's gonna work" Natsu laughs. Gray glared at him.

"Are you suggesting I'm not capable of learning it?"

"Well...If you put it that way yeah" Natsu rubs his head sheepishly.

"Says the one who's just sitting there" Gray counters.

"Hey! I have a very valid reason. I kept getting paper cuts" Natsu pouts childishly.

"Paper cuts? Ha! Oh wow life seems to like me at the moment" Gray smirks.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Give me your hand" Gray demands.

"What?"

"You trust me right? Give me your hand."

Natsu stares at him before hesitantly pacing his hand on the table.

"What are you going to do?" Natsu questions.

"Prove my point" Gray simply states, he turns Natsu's hand over before placing his hands above them. Hovering above them almost.

"If you do something-"

Natsu was cut off by his own surprise as he watched a dark blue light emit from Gray's palm. Healing the series of paper cuts on the other dragon slayer's hand. This brings the two girls attention. As they stare in surprise at Gray.

"See told you" Gray comments confidently, removing his hands.

"Woah- Wendy taught you that?" Natsu questioned, before grinning.

"What are you looking at me like that for?"

"I told ya! You're anything but useless. Although I never expected that."

"Yeah don't get used to it...I barely healed your paper cuts never mind an actual injury" Gray rolled his eyes.

"You've only knew that magic for a few hours. Healing paper cuts on it's own is a huge deal Gray" Lucy reassures, before putting a book in front of him.

"Oh hey Lucy" Gray greeted.

"Hey! I don't get a hello?" Natsu complains.

"Hello flamebrain" Gray sighs.

"Hello ice breath" Natsu responds sarcastically.

"Literally huh?" Gray thinks out loud.

"I didn't mean-"

"I know don't worry."

"What else have you learnt?" Erza asks curiously, closing the book she was reading.

"Anyway" Lucy sighs, pointing at the book in front of her. Distractingly Gray from the question at hand.

"This should help you a lot."

"Oh...Cheers?"

"Well...Good luck popsicle!" Natsu pats him on the back before leaving. Erza sighs before making her way towards the exit of the library.

"And not even a thank you. Hmmm...I believe a punishment is in order."

Lucy and Gray gulp nervously.

"Well see ya!" Lucy yells as she quickly chases after Erza. She is the only one Erza listens to after all. Gray laughs before staring at the book on the table.

'I guess fate had other plans.'

Gray sighed before opening the book.

'Guess I have a lot of work to do.'