Beginning of the end part: 2

——Third person POV——

—Back on Earth—

Echo had a lot of things on his mind after the encounter in space with "old friends?" "New friends?" He still didn't know what to consider them as yet. Autumn seemed pretty chill, but Orion seemed kind of explosive, or seeming like he wanted to be the center of attention. And then there was that black cloud. He looked up at the sky. He could kind of still see if from where he was, but it wasn't as close as it had been a while ago. "I wonder what's in that cloud." He thought. But the thought left his mind because he had taken care of that problem. He took out his earbuds and started playing the song Elevate by DJ Khalil. (Its pretty great XD XD)

 As he was waiting to cross the street, he felt like someone was staring at him. He glanced up and down his side of the street and didn't see anyone. Then he looked on the other side of the street and saw him. A medium sized person wearing a red hoodie staring right at him. When the person noticed that Echo finally looked at him, he started making his way across the street. Instead of getting hit by any of the incoming cars, he phased right through them, as if he wasn't even there. The stranger stopped in front of Echo and glared at him. Then they reached into their pocket. Echo thought that they were reaching for a weapon and got ready to bolt, when the person grabbed his shoulder. They shoved a piece of paper into Echo's hand and walked away. Echo just stared at them as they left. "What was that even about?" He thought. he looked down at the piece of paper in his hand and unfolded it. When he read what it said, he almost collapsed. It said "I have taken all of your friends and I will kill them if you don't do these things for me:          1. meet me behind the school in 25 minutes, or I will start removing body parts. 2. bring me 800 zen. 3. come alone, and if i suspect that other people are with you, someone will die." Echo had been so angry that he didn't notice the purple haired girl behind him.

" Echo had been so angry that he didn't notice the purple haired girl behind him

——Purple haired girl's POV——

I walked up to the boy with white hair from behind him. He was holding something, but I couldn't tell what it was. He seemed to be shaking slightly. "Should I try to touch him Scarfy?" I said in my head, since we both shared a telepathic connection, and I was pretty sure that people on this planet would freak out if they saw her horns. "You can try, but be careful. I can't tell how he would react right now." She said. I slowly started to extend my hand towards the boy, when he whirled around and ran into me, making us both collapse. "OW!!! JEEZ!!! WHAT THE HECK!?!?" The boy said, flustered. "Oh...I...I'm sorry!!!!" I stammered. "I..I didn't mean to startle you." I said as I reached a hand down to help him up. "No, no, it's fine, I should have been paying more attention to where I was going." He said. I cocked my head to the side and looked at him closely. "Anyway, I was hoping that you could help me find someone, because I'm kind of new here. He is a friend of mine." I said. "Don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll try." The boy said. "So, what does he look like?" I thought about it for a little bit, since I didn't want him to know that I was actually looking for him. "He is kinda tall, with white hair and orange yellow eyes." I said. The boy looked up at the sky for a little while, then looked back at me. "I don't really know anybody with white hair and those eyes, so sorry I can't really help you find your friend." he said apologetically. "Its ok," I said. "But you wanna know something?" I asked. "What?" he asked. "Well, this might be a shock to you, but I was actually looking for you!" I said with a huge smile. he looked at me blankly. "What?" he said. I stared at him. "What do you mean what? Im looking for you!!! Don't you remember me?" I said confused. "What do you mean what do I mean? And I don"t remember seeing you anywhere, because I'm pretty sure that I would remember someone with purple hair." He said as he started walking away. "WAIT!!!! I STILL HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!!!" I shouted at him. "And what would that be?" He asked as he glanced back at me. "That my dad maybe.....might....come and destroy your world because I said I wouldn't do it. ITS NOT MY FAULT THOUGH!!! UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE, I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS PLANET!!!" I said. The boy walked back over to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Its ok, wait, actually it's not because we are probably all going to die....soooooo.....hmmm. Well at least you tried." He said with a smile. The way he said that made me actually want to believe that we actually had a chance. Then a plan formed in my head that was kinda risky, but it might work.