Chapter 10

Your POV

My eyes slowly flutter open and the first thing I saw is a grey sky. I assume that it will rain soon. I rise to a sitting position and the next things I saw confuse me. 

All of the grass on the same hill where I sat with my mother are dead except for the place where I lay down. I look behind me and see the tree dead as well. 

I stand up and clean myself. It was not long when I hear someone giggling. I turn around, trying to find the voice but I found nothing. The voice got louder and louder as I search for it, until at one point, the voice was behind me. It sound like it was near the tree. I turn to the tree and saw Miku, waving to me with her smiling face, but something odd with her face. My instincts said that something is not right with her. 

With doubt in my heart, I ran towards her but when I got closer, she turn around and run downhill.

"H-Hey! Wait up!" I called her but she seems to not listening to me yelling. Without thinking any longer, I followed her. Geez, she run faster than I am and I almost couldn't catch up with her. Ahead of us is a wooden door, standing lonely in the vast field. When she reach the door, she went in. When I reach the door, my heart race, not because of feeling tired but because I might not know what would it be at the other side of the door. Feeling myself with courage, I reach the doorknob and turn it. When I open the door, I could only see pitch black. There's nothing I could do right now so I decided to step in. There's no turning back I thought.

When I step in, the door behind me slam shut. Now I can't see anything but somehow, I sense something, walking behind me but before I could turn behind, something hard hit my head, the same pain I felt when someone hit me when I was searching for Miku. It was so dark that I can't even see if it was a human or something else but before I went out, I heard talking but it was so muffled...

---

I woke up with a pain in the head. It was so painful, it makes my head go numb and probably gonna have a concussion, but I tried to stay conscious. 

The atmosphere around me is thick and choking. The smells are like wet mosses and somehow my shirt was wet, more likely to be drenched with water. My surrounding was really dark, I barely see anything. I pull my arms only to realize I've been tied up.

"What the hell?!" I cursed with a low hoarse voice. Where actually is this place? Why am I here and why I've been kidnapped? I didn't do anything wrong!

Suddenly, the dark room slowly illuminate with dim light. At least I know that I'm in a basement since the light come from above and I can see a stairs. With the small help of the light, I can now at least look at the surrounding. 

The room was quite small and a lot of puddle of water in the room and I am actually sitting of one of the puddle. Water pipes above me with leaking water. I was resting against the wall. Across the small room there is...

"MIKU!" I scream. Her clothes covered with dirt and blood and her face covered with brusies. He hands was tied with rope and her mouth is sealed with duct tape. I tried to move towards her but being it the situation where I've been tied up constrict me from moving.

Slowly but loudly, an echo of footsteps climbing down the wooden stairs. The silhouette of a man become larger until the person finally reach the room.

"Well, well, well...looks who just woke up from his beauty sleep," said the person in the most cynical and twisted voice and turn around to face me.