End All Be All

Taehyung couldn't breathe

Everything seemed as if it froze in that split second his eyes locked with Pride's.

It was just a second, maybe not even that.

But Taehyung could see the disgust in the Sin's eyes when we looked into them.

Taehyung immediately looked straight down at the mat, hoping the so called "King Sin" didn't notice it.

For a few minutes nothing could be heard except a bit of murmuring from the Sins, and Taehyung's heart pounding.

Taehyung had started to relax a bit, seeing that nothing was going to happ-

"You."

Once again, Taehyung froze in his spot, not daring to look up.

Hoping that the unrecognizable voice of Pride was talking to another Sin, or another contestant.

"I said, You. With the grey-blonde hair. Look. Up."

Prides voice rang through the entire amphitheater, silencing everyone.

Taehyung knew Pride was talking to him now.

After all that time staring at the backs of the other contestants heads, he knew he was the only one that wasn't brunette.

He slowly raised his head, trying to summon some sort of confidence.

Confidence he didn't have.

But then he remembered his sister.

And that he had to have confidence to save her, he had to win.

So he straightened his back.

And looked Pride dead in the eyes.

And then wished he didn't.

Pride was staring at his full force, with a glare that Taehyung could only assume meant anger.

The other Sins noticed the eye contact, and the lack of customary respect towards the Sins.

They all sat up straight, now intrigued by this young man who dared look at Pride.

"Get your filthy eyes off of him, peasant."

Taehyung blinked, looking downwards a bit. For he knew who's voice that was.

Envy.

Always glued to Pride's hip, inseparable.

Though Pride never looked to happy to have Envy around, they were always together.

"How dare you even think about looking at a Sin, for that we could kill you right here."

"Stop Envy. That's enough."

Pride spoke again, and though Taehyung was no longer looking at them, he could tell Envy was annoyed.

"Look at me, peasant."

Taehyung, knowing the drill at this point, looked up into Pride's eyes.

They were cold, black, and emotionless.

Lacking any kind of empathy.

"Do you think you're so great, you can look a Sin in the eyes? Or are you just incredibly stupid?" Pride questioned.

Taehyung stopped for a moment, wondering how to phrase his answer. Then spoke.

"I don't believe your title should dictate who is allowed to looked at who. If anything, whoever created the law is incredibly stupid."

And then time seemed to stop once more.

Pride's nostrils flared, his eyes turning a slight shade of red.

Envy looked absolutely aghast.

"How dare you?! Pride himself created that law! For you to insult it is for you to insult him! Are you asking for death?"
Envy screamed at Taehyung.

Taehyung, though absolutely terrified, held his ground. And forced himself to stop shaking.

He knew he had to protect Taeyeon, and do everything to help her.

But he tested his (non existent) luck, and said one more thing to the Sins.

"Then kill me."

Envy froze for a split second.

Even if no one else in the entire amphitheater saw it, Taehyung did.

Envy's millisecond of hesitation was replaced with anger as he raised his hand.

"Stop."

Another voice rang out.

Greed.

"This one is interesting, and feisty. Hey! Kinda like me, oh my god I'm so interesting. Right Laziness?"

Greed spoke quickly, and frantically.

Trying to draw some attention to himself.

Then another voice.

"I agree with Greed." The voice crawled out slowly.

"What's the point in killing him, just more work for us."

It was Laziness, his white blonde hair almost blinding Taehyung as he watched the Sin speak.

"This one is fun. Why not he test him first?"

Gluttony, downed the last of his 6 glasses of wine and looked at Pride.

"He has the unnerving guts to look at us, maybe we can break him first." The final Sin, Wrath spoke.

Then all the Sins waited, waited for Pride to decide.

"Okay, let's break him first."

HI! So I'm back!! Sorry for the much shorter chapter today- but I'll be updating multiple times today so hopefully that'll make up for it!

I purple you! Thanks to all who're still here!
💜💜💜