The Past

He just needed someone to be there

——————————————————

To Jungkook, the moment didn't last nearly long enough, even though half an hour had passed.

Taehyung sat by his side the whole time, speaking positive affirmations to the younger.

Finally, the blonde released Jungkooks hand and sat back down on the couch.

Jungkook looked up at the older, wondering if he had done something wrong to make the other pull away.

Taehyung saw the worry on Pride's face and smiled softly at him before speaking.

"Jungkook..." he began, making the other's heart skip a beat, though he wasn't sure why.

"Could you do something for me?" The blonde asked, voice low and gentle.

Jungkook immediately nodded, a little too enthusiastically.

Taehyung giggled at the boys eagerness, the sound like music to ravenette's ears.

"Tell me everything." Tae finished.

Jungkooks eyes widened a bit, eyebrows raising questionably.

"Everything?" He asks

"Yes, I want to know you. I want to know your past. I want to know what happened to force you to bury the real you and become this." The blonde says determinately, eyes shining.

Jungkook winces at the emphasis Taehyung uses on the word this, understanding what he means. Jungkook has become a monster, a sadist, he has become someone completely different.

Until Taehyung appeared at least.

Jungkook takes in Taehyung's request, eyes wandering down to the floor, gathering his thoughts, trying to organize how he would tell him.

The younger takes a deep breathe and folds his hands together in his lap, not making eye contact to avoid the possible look of disdain the older may have when he tells him all his wrong doings.

Taehyung nods his head, eyes softening, signaling to the other that he could go on.

"It's okay, tell me it all."

And so Jungkook did.

He started with his earliest memory, the death of his mother, continuing to his relationship with his father, the abuse, the destructive upbringing and the psychological manipulation.

Taehyung's expression doesn't change throughout the whole story, his features remaining gentle as he continues to murmur soft "mhm."s encouraging Jungkook to continue.

He tells the older of his meetings with the other Sins, how we ignored them, threatened them.

How he forced them to stay away.

He told him of his manipulative of Envy's emotions for him, how he used the boy to mess with others and gather intel. How Seokjin and the others had always treated him kindness, but at some point kindness switched to irritated toleration, and he couldn't blame them.

Jungkook pauses his tale when he gets to the most recent Ceremony of Sins, where Taehyung was inaugurated.

He glances up at the sin who was chosen to represent Lust and laughs quietly.

"What? What's funny?" Taehyung questions the laughing boy.

"It's just- how were you chosen as Lust? You're the most ignorant, and annoyingly pure person." Jungkook explains, still chuckling, bringing his hand up to cover his smile.