Seven

I was asleep that night in my dorm. As usual, my roommates had snuck out to go find their boyfriends. I woke up with the burning sensation in my arm. I hissed and clamped my free hand over it. I knew if I was not fast enough, I would be punished by my father. 

I stood, getting dressed in a simple black dress and my black cloak. I took in a deep breath as I pulled my boots on and headed out into the common room. "Lumos." I whispered, my want in my hand now. 

"Rowan." My name was whispered. I jumped, feeling the familiar hand on my back. Moments later, Draco found his way into the common room. I took in a shaky breath and looked to Snape. He would be coming with us, which meant that his father was hosting the meeting. Snape led us both out to the Forest and placed his hands on Malfoys shoulder. I reluctantly slid my hand into Snapes, looking up to his as we apparated. I gasped as we appeared outside of Dracos home. 

"Bloody hell!" He groaned, leaning over. His stomach emptied its contents on the ground. Sev gave a slight smirk, placing his hand in mine now. I looked up to him as we walked into the house, Draco trailing behind. 

Lucius Malfoy passed the corridor, waiting for our arrival. He sighed out when he saw us, moving to shake Sevs hand. I took a step back, slightly behind Severus. Lucius had always given me bad feelings and he always seemed to be my fathers favorite to pick on. 

We walked into the meeting room, Sev placing me at the right hand side of where my father would be and then taking his seat next to me. My eyes looked to him as he placed his usual glare on his face. I straightened, eyes going hard as I removed my hand from his own. Within minutes, my father entered the room and glided over to his place. His hand reached to place on my face, my entire body wanting to recoil from him. 

"My Lord," I whispered a greeting, bowing my head in respect. His face twisted into a smile. 

"Have you carried out my wishes?" He asked, looking to Sev and I. I could feel every set of eyes on us as he sat down at the head of the table. Severus looked to me, his hand taking mine under the table. 

He lifted my my hand and placed it in my fathers. "We have wed, My Lord." His velvet voice spoke. I wasnt sure how many people in the room knew of this order, but I knew some hadnt. Draco hadnt known, I guessed, based on his glare.  My father stroked my hand for a moment. My eyes looked up to him. 

"I am sure we will be seeing a child within a few weeks?" My father asked. I took in a quiet breath and nodded once.

"Yes, My Lord." Severus had spoken. He placed his hand on mine once more and patted gently. "I cannot wait." He whispered to me. He turned his attention to the rest of the table and he began to go over the plan. I sat beside Severus , his hand placing on my knee gently, everytime I would tense. 

Once the meeting was over, Severus and I stood together, his hand placing on my lower back as he led me towards the door. "Oh, Draco? Wont you stay? I need to speak with you." Voldemorts voice was sickly sweet. I saw the blonde boy tense, but stay seated. "Ill bring him back." My father asked as Severus paused. He nodded once before he continued walking me out the door. 

He pulled me into his chest as he took us back to Hogwarts. We landed in his classroom, his arms still around me. I buried my face into his chest, holding tightly to him. I knew I would have to give into him before too long, but tonight, tonight I needed him to hold me. 

"Can I stay with you?" I asked him softly. His hand ran over my back gently, trying to soothe the anxiety. He leaned down, pressing a kiss to my head. "Of course. You dont have to ask, Rowan." Sevs voice was soft and gentle as he pulled back slightly. 

"I want to test waters." I whispered to him, my eyes meeting his. He nodded gently and took my hand in his, leading me quietly from the classroom. He led me into the dungeons, which made sense since he was the Head of Slytherin. My eyes adjusted to the pitch black easily as we walked down a narrow hallway. 

He stopped at a door, whispering a password before the door opened. He lead me inside, letting me see his Quarters. He let out a deep breath and turned to me. I walked passed him, looking over the room. It was mostly black, but the bookselves were full of books, some looked new, some looked worn, and others were falling apart. 

I smiled, touching a book to pull it down. "Catcher in the Rye?" I asked him softly. He stiffened slightly as I touched another book. I placed the other back down where I had gotten it before I pulled the most worn one down. "Romeo and Juliet." His voice rang out. 

I smiled, touching the pages gently. This room smelled like Severus. Old parchment, leather, and something I couldnt put my finger on. I turned to look at him. 

He took a couple steps towards me, placing his hand on my cheek. For the first time since Id met him, I saw Severus smile.