Thirty

Eleven years later 

I walked down the hallways of Hogwarts. Tobias walked beside me, a bag in his hand and an owl perched on his shoulder. He had grown into such a beautiful young man. He was the spitting image of his father who held kindness in his heart and humility in his magic. 

I had taken a job as the Potions Professor only a few years ago. Before that, I had just been Tobias mother. I kissed the top of his head and ushered him off. His green and black robe billowed behind him and I wondered if that is what Severus had looked like at that age. 

I entered The Great Hall, heading up to my place at the Professors table. "Professor Snape," Minerva greeted. I gave a smile to her and hugged her gently. "Headmaster," I greeted as I took my seat. I looked around at all the familiar faces and took in the new ones. The students were so happy to back and the new students were excited to be here. 

My eyes landed on the face I had been searching for. Severus walked down the center aisle towards the table. I stood up once hed gotten to me, placing a soft kiss to his cheek. "Professor," I whispered. He gave me a soft smirk. 

"Hows Albany?" He asked as he took his seat next to me. His hand rested on my knee under the table. I smiled as I thought of our four year old daughter. "Shes fine, Sev." I told him soflty. patting his hand to comfort him. He hadnt been away from her since she was born. This was his first year back at Hogwarts as the  DADA Professor. He had wanted to stay home and let me teach. 

The night my father had fallen, The Dark Mark had faded from our skin, only leaving a slight scar. Harry had succeeded and survived. Severus and I had attended his wedding to Ginny Weasley and only months after, Hermione and Ron wed as well. 

As for Severus, the potion he had hidden inside the locket, that was still around my neck, had been brewed to give the appearance of death, but slowly heal him. He had been dead in my arms for an hour before his heart had begun to beat once more. I had gotten him back to Madame Pomfrey who helped me nurse my husband back to health. Never in my life have I been so thankful for his wit and cleverness. 

We returned home to Spinners End and began to rebuild our life and work on being parents to our baby boy. We'd found a comfortable, normal rhythm in our life. Both Severus and I knew that we wouldnt live to see another war and our children would grow up to be happy, peaceful kids. 

At one point I was to be the last living heir of Slytherin and now I stood before the house named after my ancestor, not as a member, but as their leader. I never thought I would wind up here. Though I am glad that I did. 

The road to this place was dark, painful, and tragic. But I wouldnt change a thing about it. 

Severus squeezed my hand, his eyes softening when I looked to him. 

"I love you, Rowan." He spoke softly. 

"I love you, too, Severus." 

__________________________________

A/N

Hi! 

I want to dedicate this book to @lollipopskele 

She has sat through countless hours of writing and emotional torment with me. Video chatting with me for sixteen hours while I wrote and wrote and wrote on this. Shes been here to bounce ideas off of.  I cannot thank her enough. 

The last few chapters, ive written with her sitting next to me on video chat. Ive watched her cry over this book and seen her swoon over this book. 

Even now as im writing this, shes sitting here, unaware that I am even dedicating this to her. 

So, Lolli, thank you for being my writing partner and one of my best friends. 

And thank you for not killing me because you didnt know the ending until now. 

I love you so so much. 

Heres looking to the next book I write. 

xx -SundayRains