Seventeen

Sometime in the middle of the night, I was awoken by a loud crash downstairs. I shot up quickly, grabbing my wand and started to head down the stairs. I didnt know what I would fine, or even if Severus was here. When I got the the landing, I looked around, frowning at the items scattered across the floor. Severus sat by the table that was on it side. His black shirt was unbuttoned, showing the white undershirt. 

His fist was bleeding, and that was when it clicked. This was a result of his anger. I hadnt been seen yet and I debated going back up the stairs and leaving him be, until I saw the empty bottle of Firewhiskey  on the floor next to him. I moved closer, avoiding broken glass on the floor. I gently knelt next to him, placing my hand on his thigh. "Severus," I whispered. His hand came down, showing me his tearstained face. 

"Go back upstairs." His voice slurred. I shook my head at him, taking his bleeding hand in mine.  He took it away quickly, shaking his head at me. I held my wand firm in my hand as I took his injured hand back. "Vulnera Sanentur." I waved my wand over his hand, the wounds closing.  

His eyes watched me carefully, but he still took his hand away from me. "Leave me be." His voice shook. I shook my head again, moving to sit between his legs. His eyes turned to a glare. "I said leave!" He placed his hands on my shoulders, pushing me back. Tears stung my eyes, but I didnt give in. I moved back to him, taking his face in my hands. 

"No. I vowed to support you and take care of you. This is where my vows come into play, Severus." I told him. I saw the tears flow again, so I pulled him into my chest, cradling his head there. The man I had only seen be strong and emotionless, sobbed into my chest. His sobs caused us both to rock with the force of his sound. I kissed the top of his head, trying to soothe him. 

I knew he needed to mourn his friend, I knew that he was hurt, but i had never expected this reaction from him.

We stayed like that until his sobs had died down. My chest ached for him, my heart feeling every once of his pain every time he made a noise.

"Sev?" I asked him softly. His head moved up a little. "Lets get you in the shower and get you sobered up." I breathed out. He nodded slowly, letting go of my waist now. Carefully, I stood, taking his hand in mine. I walked to the stairs, watching my step.

Severus took a step and immediately stumbled backwards. I put my hands on his back to steady him. He grumbled a curse under his breath, so I quickly moved under his arm, wrapping my arm around his waist.

Once we had gotten into the bathroom, he leaned against the counter, staring at me with his onyx eyes. His face was red and swollen, crying having taken his usually pale face away.

I helped him take the overcoat off, placing it outside the small bathroom. Severus struggled with the buttons of the white shirt, so I stepped up, starting to unbutton it for him. When I had gotten it undone, I placed my hands on his abdomen and he let out a sigh, his eyes closing.  My hands ran up his skin until his hands had taken my wrists, holding them over his heart.

I could feel how hard and fast his heart was beating, with every breath, it grew harder and faster.

"This is what you do to me, Rowan." He whispered. "You make my heart pound. It took me so long to realize why, but now I know." His voice was slow and slurred, the alcohol taking its effects.

"Rowan, Im in love with you." He breathed out. I shook my head slowly, hearing the thoughts hed been harboring. I sighed, leaning forward to kiss his chest, closing my eyes for a long moment.

"Tell me when youre sober, Severus." I smiled, pushing this shirt the rest of the way off.

"I dont have the courage."

"Tell me when youre sober."