Twenty Five

Narcissa held my son close to her as I kissed his cheek, bidding him  farewell. Narcissa looked at me as I took a step back. Tears stung my eyes. "If neither of us come for him in a weeks time, please raise him well." I whispered. "Make sure he knows our story and that we loved him more than anything." My voice shook. 

"You will see him again, love." Her voice was soft. I nodded once and stepped back again, apperating out of their house and back to Sevs office. He was pacing, waiting for the summoning from my father. I would follow him, but keep my distance. We would head down to the war that was already waging in the courtyards and main halls of Hogwarts. 

I took in a deep breath as he took my hand in his. We would fight for the students and falculty we had grown to love.  I took in a deep breath as the sounds of screams and the incantations of spells were shouted. I could see one of the Hogwarts students battling with a Death Eater. As the child fell backwards onto the steps, the man approached the child. His hand brought his wand into the little boys face. 

"Crucio!" I pointed my wand to the man, letting go of Severus. The child looked to me, shocked as the man fell in pain, letting out screams. I could feel Severus behind me, watching my back. "Sectumsempra." I stated. I knew the man would die from his wounds, so I walked to him, taking his wand away and placing it in my back pocket. 

Sev took my hand as we quickly moved out into the courtyard. I looked around, seeing out many of our students had fallen prey to my fathers army. I looked to Severus one more time before I took off into the fight with him. My hand released him as we began to fight back to back. Neither of us could hide any longer. We were not on the side of my father, though my Dark Mark was visible. I shot curses and spells at any Death Eater that crossed my path. 

Any child that looked to be incapable of handling themselves, I sent to the dungeon with the rest of Slytherin house. They would at least be safe there. Severus and I continued to fight, dodging spells that came our way. 

"Crucio!" I heard the curse before I heard Snapes groan. I turned, seeing my husband laying on the ground. I saw the child, the one in Gryffindor robes, pointing his wand at Snape. "Expelliarmus!" I pointed my wand at him, knocking it from his hand. Severus let out a restrained groan as the curse began to die down. I blocked a couple of spells before they could get to him. 

Before I knew it, Severus was back on his feet, his back to mine as we looked for our next move. This fight was the worst I had seen and I knew this is what my father had prepared me for. So many years of training for this one battle. All of my spells and curses, the years spent being slapped and beaten, locked away in a dungeon. All of it was for this. 

My eyes landed on my mother now and I growled, hatred taking over my body. I followed after her movements. Just as her eyes met mine. She could see it. Bellatrix could see that I had killed many of Voldemorts army. I let her into my mind, letting her see the men I had killed already and the children I had protected. 

Tonight would be the night I got my revenge.