Twenty One

Our return to Hogwarts came as expected, unwelcome by most of the teachers and students who knew what had happened. Potter had made sure to tell everyone what had happened that night n the tower. 

My stomach seemed to have grown more in the past two days than it had since Id gotten pregnant. It was obvious now.  I had stood behind Severus as he made his speech, addressing the new students of Hogwarts, and reminding the returning ones of the rules. 

Our mission here was not to hurt the students, but protect them. Under no circumstances were there to be any deaths among the students, but Severus and I both knew that it would be almost impossible when the war was to begin. 

Potter was out finding my fathers Horcrux with Hermione and Ron. There was one hidden here at Hogwarts, though he wouldnt find it until the start of the war.  The last two would be easy, my fathers snake, Negini, and Potter himself. 

Professor McGonagall was one of the staff to hold cold glares on us as we walked past her to Dumbledores old office, now Snapes office. My hand held his tightly as we walked past her. If she only knew what we were doing. If only we could tell her. 

Shed pulled me aside one day shortly after we had gotten here and told me that she had never expected me to fall prey to The Dark Lord. She went on about how I had lived such a good life and I was better than this, even going so far as to ask what my parents would think of such a thing. 

Every cell in my body had wanted to blurt out our plan and how Dumbledore had ordered Snape to kill him, but I couldnt. It would risk Sevs life and my own. If it were just my life, I would have, but it no longer is. It is Severus, and this child too. The place I had found my family. Minerva was part of Hogwarts, the place that I had loved so dearly. 

Severus pulled me into the office,  closing the door behind us. I looked around the dark room and sighed. Severus seemed to be the most content when he was in here. Dumbledores portrait hung on the wall by the desk still. At night, I could hear Severus speaking softly to it, asking him for advice and why he had to die in order for this plan to work. 

Albus would give him simple answers to the advice. The night that I had heard Severus ask why, his response was simple. 

"In time, you will see, my boy." 

Sev sat behind his desk, writing things down as he planned for the upcoming morning. I took my place in the chair across from him, looking intently at the man I was so rapidly falling for.  His eyes scanned the paper again as he read over his notes. 

"Severus?" 

"Yes, Rowan?" He didnt look up at me. 

"I was thinking about names." 

Now he looked to me, his eyes curious. 

"For a boy, Tobias Brian Snape." 

He nodded in approval. 

"And for a girl, Albany Percival Snape." 

He gave a smiled. "Seems like youve named our child, Rowan." Severus looked back down to his work. I smirked, placing a hand to my stomach. He knew what the names meant and where I had gotten them. It was because of the man who had saved both of us, Headmaster Dumbledore. 

I looked up at his portrait. "What do you think, Albus?" 

"I am honoured, dear." He smiled. 

It was comforting, still having the portrait. I knew i could always come to it if I had doubts or troubles and he would always ease my mind. Even if it was only temporary, I always had him around.