Fourteen

I stood in the Herbology classroom with Severus, letting him mix things. I took a few steps back, sitting on one of the tables. Usually, Severus might discipline me for this, but his mind was focused on his work. He spoke a few words to the cauldron before he looked up to me. 

He sighed, pouring the purple liquid into a glass, and walking to me. "Drink. We will know quickly." I took the glass in hand and held it to my lips. The smell was absolutely horrid, and I couldnt bring it up to my mouth. I looked to Sev and he gave a knowing look. I reached up and held my nose, drinking half of the mixture as fast as I could. 

Sev took the glass in his hand, putting it on the table. I felt it before I saw it, the tingling in my abdomen. "Sev?" I asked, making turn around. A soft glow came to my skin, it was subtle, but noticeable. His eyes widened, moving over to lift my shirt gently. The glow was brighter around my abdomen. 

"What does it mean?" I asked him softly. His hand placed against my bare stomach, making my skin tingle. I knew, but I needed to hear it, I needed to hear the words. 

"Rowan, youre with child." He whispered. My eyes closed for a moment, standing up slowly. I pulled my shirt back down, crossing my arms. I began to pace. There was a sense of excitement, but it was overpowered by the feeling of dread and fear. 

I was still a child myself, how was I supposed to raise one? I looked to Sev, who seemed to be in shock. All he was doing was staring at me. "Sev?" I asked, moving to him. His hands took my face on his as soon as I was within arms reach. 

"Rowan I promise you, you are not alone in this." He whispered. I shook my head. "No, I know. This is our child." I spoke, placing my hands on his chest. Had this been any other situation, I would be happy. I took in a deep breath. 

"Severus, this is our child, not my fathers." I breathed out. "Its not much longer and we will be free." 

His lips turned up slightly, placing his hands on my shoulders now. He pulled me into his chest, rubbing at my back. "We must meet with him soon, to let him know the progress." His voice was calm. 

In a weeks time, Dumbledore would be dead, and I would be on the run with Severus, My father, and the rest of the Death Eaters.  Things would be so different. I sighed, taking in his comfort. I had never felt so much comfort in one moment. I wondered if this is what it would be like if we had fallen in love. 

Maybe. I wasnt sure. My father probably wasnt very happy when Bellatrix had told him of me. Even I didnt have his last name, I had my mothers. This child would have Snapes. We would build a family and make sure that this child knew that family was good and not evil. I wished nothing but loved and peace for this child, as if I could will the universe to be kind to my child. 

To the child Severus and I had created together. 

"Rowan?" Snape pulled back slightly. I looked up to him, tilting my head. He paused for a moment, a small smile on his face. 

"Nevermind." He whispered. 

With that, he pulled me into his embrace once more, his lips pressing against mine. He didnt have to speak for me to know what he wanted to say. I could feel it in his touch.

Severus Snape was in love with me.