Ten

Severus, Draco, and I stood at the front of the class a couple days later. I moved towards Draco, nodding once at him. I shook his hand as he offered it. We both turned, taking a few steps away from each other. Draco looked confident, but Snapes eyes were on me. 

This was a duel, making sure both of us were ready to defend ourselves. The class had ended, but Severus kept us after since it was our last class of the day. "Remember, only to disarm or stun." Sevs voice was calm.

Malfoy raised his wand. "Expelliarmus!" I yelled, watching his wand fly to the side. His eyes watched me as he went back for his wand. I waited for him to have it back in his hand. "Crucio!" He yelled. Snape tensed the moment he heard the word. 

I brought my wand up quickly. "Protego!" I countered. "Stupefy!" I yelled again, knocking Draco back. I took a deep breath, watching Snape go pick him up off the ground by his collar. "I said stun or disarm!" He growled, shoving him forward.

 I took in a deep breath, looking to Malfoy. "Good try." I teased him, smiling. He shook his head, looking to Snape. "Draco, youre dismissed. We will work more on your counter spells." He said. Draco headed out of the room. 

Severus looked to me. "Are you okay?" He asked softly. I nodded, going back into my shell now. He took in a deep breath and placed his hand on my back. "Okay. Lets get to the Great Hall, and we can go to my quarters." He nodded. I followed him from the room, and down the hall. When he walked a few steps behind me, I tensed, waiting for the grab at my neck. I knew he wouldnt, but I was so used to my father. 

Severus cleared his throat. "I will see you after class, Miss Strange." He took to the right as I continued straight. When I walked into the Great Hall, Malfoy immediately at my side. He walked with me to sit at the end of the table, furthest away from everyone. We didnt talk much, small comments about little things. 

He was rather calm when he didnt have Crabbe and Goyle on his back. He looked up to the Headmaster with sad eyes. "Draco?" I questioned. He looked back to me. "Whats wrong?" 

He stood, motioning for me to follow. He took me to the fifth floor prefects bathroom. He cleared the room before he looked to me. "The Dark Lord has ordered me to kill Dumbledore." He siad softly. 

I looked to him, no emotion shown on my face, but anger rose in my chest. "Or he will kill me." His voice was sad. I leaned against the wall, my arm crossed over my chest. I nodded slowly. My situation didnt look so bad, now. I stared at him, showing him sympathy. 

"When?" 

"A month." 

I looked down. My father was giving us the same deadline to have conceived a child. There was a war coming and now it was obvious. 

"You know what will happen if you do?" 

He nodded slowly and I moved to him, taking his hand in mine. I gently pulled him to me, hugging him close. His breathing hitched and I knew Malfoy was going to cry. I pulled back and took his face in my hands. 

"I thought you didnt like being touched." His voice was shaky and restrained. 

"This situation called for it." I nodded. 

****

I returned to Severus' chambers and nocked on the door, waiting for him to answer. When he did, I entered, anger finally showing. He took one look at me and tilted his head. His eyes were questioning, but his body stayed tense. 

"Did you know?" I questioned him, my voice louder than I expected. "Did you know what my father has ordered Malfoy to do?!" I almost shouted at him. Sev looked to the floor, his eyes not looking back to me. "Answer me!" My voice demanded a response. 

When he didnt move, I reached down, taking my shoes off, throwing one at him. "Severus Tobias Snape!" I used his full name, the way a mother would. His head shot up, but he didnt answer, so I threw another shoe at him. He caught it this time. 

He moved to me as I was going to pull books from the shelf. His hands grasped my shoulders to stop me. "I knew, yes." His voice was quiet, but forceful. I stopped, staring up at him. My eyes stung with hot, angry tears. 

"We cant let him!" I spoke, my voice still angry at him. He still held my shoulder, even though I fought his grip. I shoved his shoulders back, trying to gain my freedom. "Rowan, you dont understand. Im not going to let Malfoy do it!" He hissed. I looked to him, my hands still on his shoulders. 

"Dumbledore had ordered me to do it instead." His voice was calm. I thrashed in his arms again, trying to get away from him, I pushed on his chest, anger boiling over. Severus tried to hold me still, but was failing. He growled at me, pushing me back int the bookcase, his lips coming down on mine. 

I struggled for a moment, but his lips devoured mine. My eyes closed, feeling the passion behind the kiss. Sevs hands slid down my arms and to my thighs, picking me up. My legs wrapped around his waist. His hands placed on my hips now. I trusted his grip enough to let my house robe fall to the floor behind us. 

Severus began to move to the bedroom, my hands found his buttons, undoing his cloak as he walked. I whimpered, feeling his hands tighten on my hips.  Severus placed me down on the bed, his mouth never leaving mine. I ran my hand up his back and to his chest before he took my hand in his, stopping me. 

He pulled back, looking at me. "Do you want-" I cut him off by kissing him again. I lifted my hips, pressing myself into him as hard as I could. "Please," I whispered, the sensations running through my body taking over.

I wanted him.