Thirteen

A week had passed, everything had seemed normal, at least within Hogwarts. 

Sev and I walked down the stairs, heading towards the dungeons. No students ran about, for it was not Christmas break. I had stayed here with Severus, knowing if I went home, I would be questioned of a child. 

Severus and I had been the only two left in Hogwarts, other than Filch, but he knew better than to stick his nose where it didnt belong. My hand rested in his as we moved into his quarters, he sat me down on the couch before he moved to take something from the bookcase. His eyes were serious as he took his seat next to me. 

"Merry Christmas," He whispered, putting a small box in my hands. I looked down to it, but back up to Severus, smiling. I reached into my pocket and handed him the box I had gotten for him. 

"Merry Christmas, Severus." I whispered back. 

Together we opened our gifts. I opened the small box, seeing the necklace. It was silver, dainty, and had a word incribed on it. "Sanitatem?" I asked him softly. He smiled, helping me place the locket around my neck. I held my hair to the side for him.

"It means heal." His voice was soft. "Youll know when to use it." He pressed his lips gently to the nape of my neck, making my eyes close.  I took in a deep breath, smiling. "Thank you, I love it." I turned to face him, looking at the unopened box in his lap. Severus looked down, following my gaze. 

He smiled before he opened it, seeing the gift. I couldnt really pay attention as he lifted the vial to the light, I was busy admiring his smile. I couldnt help but notice how the smile didnt seem forced or hard, it was natural, genuine. 

"Draught of Peace," I whispered. "I know under the rough exterior you put up, what Dumbledore has asked of you will effect you in a way I cannot describe." I whispered. "This is for after." I reached forward, taking his hand in mine. 

He placed it down on the table beside him before he took my hips in his hands, pulling me close to him. I closed my eyes, enjoying his embrace. My hands gripped at his cloak, as they normally did when he hugged me. 

I pulled back and took his face in my hands, I swear, as we looked into each others eyes, I saw something I had never seen before. I couldnt place my finger on it, but it was an intense feeling. I leaned forward, pressing my lips to his. His hand placed to my cheek, his teeth lightly grazing my bottom lip. 

It hit me all at once, the sickness in my stomach, threatening to purge everything I had eaten. I pulled back from Severus, quickly moving to the bathroom. My stomach rejected the food that I had eaten into the toilet. Severus came into room, taking my hair in his hand. He rubbed my back gently. I let out a soft groan as I felt the sickness dissipate.  Severus moved quickly as I pulled back, flushing. 

My skin was damp with sweat. Before I could tell him I was okay, Sev had kneeled next to me with a damp rag and a glass of water. "Drink, it will help." He whispered. His hand pressed against my face with the rag, trying to cool me down. 

"Im sorry," I whispered, taking the glass and taking a drink. He shook his head, shushing me gently. 

"Rowan?" He whispered. I looked up to him. "Is this what I think it is?" He asked, fear in his eyes now. I realized what he was asking, but I couldnt answer. I didnt know the answer. 

"Im not sure, Sev." I spoke, letting him wipe my face. 

"We will find out." He leaned forward, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. 

Vulnera Sanenturजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें