Eight

Sevs hands placed on my waist as I looked up to him. Hed taken the book from my hands moments earlier and placed it back on the shelf. His eyes scanned me for a long moment before he sighed out. Severus took a step towards me, clsoing the small distance between us. 

"If it gets too serious, I will stop." His voice was calm, contradicting the nerves in my body. I nodded slowly, letting his lips come to mine. He started slow, his hands staying put.  This kiss was like the first one we'd shared, soft and sweet. I responded to his kiss like I hadnt before. I moved closer to him, my chest pressed to his. 

His hands held me tighter, moving one of them to my lower back. His other hand moved to place on my neck, fingers entangling in my hair. I let out a soft breath, my hands placing on his chest. He hummed softly, feeling my touch for the first time. 

He deepened the kiss now, holding me as close to him as he could. For the first time in my life, I felt safe. I felt safe in Sevs arms. My hands moved to his back, my hands clutched to his black cloak. He pulled away too quickly, removing the cloak from his form. He was left with his usual attire. 

I took the opportunity to remove my own cloak, laying it next to his own. I took a deep breath and looked up at him. His eyes were soft, softer than I have ever seen them before. He sighed out softly, moving to take my face in his hand. I smiled up at him, taking in another deep breath. 

He took my hand now, moving us over to his bedroom. I tensed a bit. "Dont worry, Im bringing you in here to sleep. You have classes in a few hours." He whispered. "First being potions." He said. I looked up to him, biting my lip. Gently, he guided me to sit down on the bed that was encased in black fabric. I sat slowly, eyes never leaving his. 

"Sleep, love." His voice was quiet. My eyes never left him. As he turned to walk away, I took his hand. His eyes looked back to me. 

"Sev?" I whispered. 

"Yes?" His voice quieted to just above a whisper. 

"Stay with me?" I asked him. 

He took my hand in both of his and nodded, leaning down to press his lips to my forehead. I shifted back onto the bed, taking the boots off before doing so. He moved to the other side of the bed, making the same actions I had just done. I placed my wand on the bedside table, making sure it wouldnt go anywhere. 

He laid next to me, his hand taking mine. I rolled over to face him, looking at him. I smiled, reaching over to touch his face gently. He placed his hand on my waist, pulling me closer to him. I sighed, feeling content for the moment. 

Bravery washed over me as I stared at the man with onyx eyes. I moved over, pressing my lips to his, initiating the kiss. Sevs hand didnt move from my hip, but his grip tightened. I followed what he had done earlier, deepening the kiss more. I hadnt ever been in this position before, so when I heard his growl, I pulled back, looking at him. "Rowan, you must sleep." His voice was gruff, but soft. I bit my lip and nodded gently, placing my head on his shoulder. 

His arm wrapped around me as I now found sleep washing over me. 

****

"You dont know anything of who you are," My fathers voice rang, making me shy away from him. I looked up to him, my eyes questioning, but I was met with a slap to my cheek. "How dare you look at me with such doubt!" He yelled. 

I let out a soft sob, my body shaking. I had never met my father before, having been raised in a foster home. I was 15 and my mother had just escaped from prison. Once shed found my location, shed come for me, stealing me away. She stood in the corner as my father yelled at me. "Oh shut up!" He grabbed me by my hair, making me look to him. 

I had heard rumors and been taught about Voldemort and his Death Eaters in my classes at Hogwarts, but never  imagined that I was the product of Tom Riddle and Bellatrix LeStrange. My eyes stung with tears as he threw my head back down and took my arm in his hand. 

The burning sensation radiated through my entire body, making me scream out. As soon as he let go of me, I let out another restrained sob and he growled. "Send her to the dungeons." He mumbled to Bellatrix. "Until she learns her place." Bella turned to Lucius and he nodded, moving over to me. He took me by the collar, leading me down the stairs. I looked to my arm, but quickly looked away. The Dark Mark now had its place on my skin. 

I was thrown onto the stone floor, feeling the cold water seep through my clothes. This was the place I was kept for the months I wasnt attending Hogwarts. 

****