*one*

Tyler walks down the side walk to Rite-Aid slowly, his body shaking due to the twenty degree weather. He needed to get some items with the money he had brought with him.

He had recently walked away from his old life, for reasons that haunt him and will continue to haunt him for a great while. He barely had anything, he packed a duffel bag and a backpack and left.

Tyler took in a deep, shaky breath when he entered the store, his red nose stinging from the sudden change in temperature. Quickly, he rushes to the aisle where all the tourists go to get sweatshirts with the name of the city on them and whatnot. He selects a red oversized hoodie and a half off fleece blanket. He heads to the candy aisle and gets Haribo Gummy Bears, Reece's Pieces, and a king sized Hershey's chocolate bar.

When the brunet decides that he was happy with what he got, and decided he was warm enough, he went to the register to pay. He set the items on the counter and waited for the lady to ring them up.

"Pretty chilly out there, huh?" The woman said cheerily.

"Yeah, very."

The woman quickly finishes ringing up all of Tyler's items before she speaks again, "I'm pretty sure I heard that it's supposed to get down into the single digits tonight, thank god for heating, right?"

Tyler looks down and mentally curses himself. Single. Digits. He's barely making it in the twenties.

"Yeah, thank god for that." He chuckles quietly.

"That'll be twenty nine dollars and seventy seven cents please, hun." She informs.

Tyler scrambles to give her the money, upset that he was going near broke.

"Thank you, hun," the woman says, giving Tyler change and putting his items and receipt in a bag, "I hope you have a great rest of your day, and stay warm out there!"

The brunet chuckles, muttering a small "thank you" before he leaves. When he steps back outside he shivers, the wind was blowing hard, and it was almost dark out. With his backpack on his back, the duffel bag in his left hand, and the Rite-Aid bag in his right, he made his way across the street.

He walked down the sidewalk for a short while, his face stinging from the harsh wind blowing without mercy. Tyler saw a 24/7 gas station across the street and decided that's where he'd try and sleep tonight. He crossed the street and walks over to a dumpster at the gas station. Hurriedly, Tyler took off his winter coat and put on the sweatshirt, then putting his coat back on and sitting against the dumpster. He pulled out the blanket and covered himself with it. Pulling out his phone, he went to the weather app.

Eight degrees.

Eight fricking degrees.

It was only five o'clock and it was already eight degrees.

Tyler sighs and shuts his eyes, praying he won't freeze to death as he makes sweater paws with the sweatshirt and tries to fall asleep.

* ^ *

He wakes up in a car, a stranger's car to be exact. Tyler is shivering and he can't feel anything. He looks over at the driver who has a worried expression plastered on his face. The driver looks over at him, his worried expression fading ever so slightly.

"Hey, you are awake, good, c-can you hear me?" The unknown man rushes out, his expression also being in his voice.

"Uh-huh," Tyler mumbles, not being able to fully comprehend the situation.

"Good. I— um... we're going to the hospital, I'm sure you have hypothermia. I have your bags in the back, I just need you to stay awake for me." The man rushes out.

Tyler nods, almost falling back asleep again.

"What's your name?"

Tyler looks at the time on the car, and if this guy's time was right it was nearly twelve o'clock in the morning.

"M'T-Tyler."

"Okay, okay, good. My name is Josh, how old are you?"

Tyler whines, he was in freezing pain. Everything hurt, but then again, he couldn't feel anything really. He just wanted to go back to sleep, but he knew this guy wouldn't let him.

"Seventeen."

"Okay... okay... we are almost there, just another minute." Josh says as he turns onto the off ramp of the highway.

Tyler goes unconscious once again, Josh noticing almost immediately. He rubs Tyler's knee in attempt to awaken him. As he parks in the hospital the brunet wakes up. He gets out of the car, getting the younger boy out and carrying him to the Emergency Room.

"I need help," Tyler heard him say as the entered the building, he had almost stopped shivering, but that wasn't a good thing.

"Hypothermia... yes... no longer shaking... please... Tyler... seventeen... thank you." is all Tyler heard before he passed out once again.

* ^ *

Tyler woke up to beeping. He looked up to his right to see that he was hooked up to a heart monitor with tubes running in and out of him. The small tv was running on Animal Planet, Tanked was on. There was a digital clock in the room, blinking 8:26 am. The brunet sighed, only remembering pieces from the night before. Tyler finally draws his attention on the man sitting on a chair under where the tv was on the wall.

Josh.

The man smiled warmly at Tyler, who reciprocated the smile. Josh stood up from his chair to sit in one next to Tyler's bed. He placed a large and caring hand on Tyler's shoulder, softly rubbing up and down.

"Hi." Josh said.

"Hi."

⚫️🌼⚫️

New book

Enjoy

This one will be a DDLB like Strawberry Boy, but it'll have a different plot and it's a Joshler instead of a Tysh

I'll try and work on the two as evenly as I can... but we'll have to find out how it goes!

Anyway!

Love ya!

~M ❤️