*thirty three*

Josh holds Tyler's hand as they walk towards Brendon's small house. There was fog and you could smell the rain, the air felt crisp around them. Josh knocks on the door, trying to keep his anger hidden. The door slowly opens with Ryan standing behind it.

"Hey, Ry." Josh smiles.

Ryan smiles behind the pacifier in his mouth, waving shyly in his red shirt and short overalls. He quickly runs away, leaving the door open for the couple to come in.

"Hey, guys!" Brendon cheers, seeming to be sober. He motions for the couple to come in.

"Hey, Brendon, where's Dallon?"

"Um, somewhere in this empty house." He chuckles as he opens the fridge to get something to finish lunch, or early dinner.

The house was pretty empty. Only the couch, a box of toys, TV, and the TV stand was left in the living room. A table with five seats surrounding it was in the kitchen, besides the appliances of course.

"Hey, Josh! Hey, Tyler!"

Josh turns his head to see Dallon carrying Ryan on his hip.

"Ryry!" Tyler giggles, slightly jumping up and down at Josh's side.

"Tyty!" Ryan wiggles out of Dallon's hold, running over to Tyler to play with him.

The two littles run to the empty living room to dig through the box of toys in the corner while Josh and Dallon opt for the kitchen with Brendon. The two sit down as Brendon finishes cooking hot dogs with a side of mac n' cheese. Dallon stands up and helps Brendon plate the meal. When they set the plates on the table Josh stands up.

"I didn't want to come at this time and interrupt your guys' dinner, but I need to have a talk with you two after dinner." He says as he goes to get Tyler from the living room, receiving a confused stare and a worried stare at him.

Josh picks the little boy up and away from the toys in front of him, placing him softly on his hip. The brunet giggles, hugging the older boy's neck.

"Hi." Tyler mumbles against Josh's shoulder.

Josh smiles and rubs Tyler's back as he passes Dallon who is getting his own little from the living room, "Hi, baby."

Josh sits the boy down in his own chair, but the little scrambled to sit down on Josh's lap instead. The faded red haired boy pulls Tyler's plate over to his own, getting a fork and feeding the little boy some mac n' cheese.

"Say hi to Joshie, baby." Dallon whispers to the little boy as he sits him down in his chair.

"Hi, Joshie!" Ryan giggles shyly as his pacifier is pulled out of his mouth.

"Hi, Ryry." Josh warmly smiles as he gives the boy a small wave.

"So how've you been, Josh, haven't seen you in a little bit." Dallon says as he sits down, stopping Ryan from eating his mac n' cheese with his hands.

"Good, just doing the same old same old... book store opens again in a few days, remember, Bren?" Josh gives a slight glare at his black haired friend as he gives Tyler another forkful of his pasta. The boy hums before taking the food into his mouth with a lopsided grin.

"Oh, shoot, yeah I forgot about that!" Brendon laughs, noticing the slight glare coming from Josh.

"Mhm..." Josh hums.

The five of them continue with small talk while eating their home cooked meal. Josh having to feed Tyler all of his meal before he could even feed himself, but he didn't care. Ryan ends up getting most of the orange cheesy goo on his face instead of in his mouth. Dallon cleans up the dishes while Brendon cleans up Ryan's face.