*thirty one*

(break my face - ajr)

Tyler is laid on top of Josh on the living room couch. They've been like this for the past few hours, munching on a half eaten bag of Doritos, watching whatever came on Game Show Network.

Tyler's phones dings on the coffee table. He sees Brendon had texted him. Leaning forward, he grabs his phone by a corner, but dropping it on the floor. The older boy smiles and gets it from the floor with a huff.

"Thank you." Tyler smiles.

"No problem."

Dumbo Bren: What are you gonna tell Josh tonight? I'm outside

Tyler inhales slowly, exhaling loudly.

"What's the matter, baby?" Josh asks concerned.

"Brendon wants me to come over and help him with cleaning his basement... again." Tyler says calmly, using the same excuse as before.

"Oh... again? It still isn't cleaned up? Also, it's the seventh time in the past two weeks."

Tyler sighs, shaking his head as he sits up in Josh's lap.

I'll be over in 30 at most

Sent.

Read.

"Yep, he still has a lot of boxes to get rid of and stuff."

"Why don't Ryan and Dallon help him out? I get sad when my baby boy isn't around." Josh pouts, sitting up and tickling Tyler, making the brunet giggle.

Tyler tries to push Josh away from him, but it wasn't working. He got tickled for the next five minutes. Josh only stopped so he could breathe again too.

Tyler gets off of Josh's lap and walks over to the kitchen doorway.

"I don't know... love you..." Tyler trails off with a smile as he puts on a sweatshirt and a pair of sneakers before going out the door without another word.

Josh is left on the couch with the chips and tv. He gets up and walks to the front door to see that Tyler is already gone. He doesn't know if he bolted or Brendon was already there. But he wasn't anywhere out the window to be seen.

* ^ *

Tyler has been walking for ten minutes, earbuds in his ears, music blasting as he walks down one more backroad.

"What doesn't kill you, makes you ugly. Life gives you lemons, at least it gave you something." Tyler sings quietly as he gets closer and closer to his friend's house.

He stops in his tracks as a small fox appears on the side of the road. It crosses the road halfway before stopping. Tyler sighs, taking his hands out of his sweatshirt pocket. The brunet moves suddenly towards the fox, scaring it off to the side of the road it came from.

"Are your eyes okay? They rolled away, right down the interstate. But at least you can't cry today."

Tyler wasn't in a good mood, but at least he was headed to Brendon's, he would definitely help him out with it.

As he continues to listen to his music he reaches Brendon's place. Knocking on the door he splats his toes into a small puddle next to his feet.

"Hey, Ty." Brendon smiles, gesturing for him to come inside.

"Sup, Bren?" Tyler takes the good of his sweatshirt off and steps in through the doorway.

* ^ *

"Nooo! How'd—how'd you beat me a-again?" Tyler laughs, falling back onto the carpeted floor on Brendon's living room.

"Because I'm-m better at this game than-n y-you!" Brendon replies as he sets the game controller down.