*fifteen*

(Thank you Ellen for reminding me this guy existed. And thank you again, Ellen for telling me he put out an album. This song relates to this chapter about 70%)

(edit march. 29. 2020, maybe it was me, but just in case the video wasn't available to everyone else... i made sure a video with the music worked)

Tyler lays in bed as Josh cooks eggs and bacon. It had been snowing since four in the morning, and it didn't look like it was gonna stop. Josh sang to himself quietly as he finished up their breakfast. He stopped everything when he heard a little pitter-patter coming down the stairs.

"Good morning, honey." Josh says as he walks over to the stairs.

Tyler stops at the second stair from the bottom, holding his arms out for Josh to lift him up. Josh does so, lifting the little into his arms securely. The brunet whines in Josh's neck.

"Still tired, Ty?"

"Mhm." The boy hums, wrapping his arms around Josh's neck.

"I've made breakfast," Josh says, gesturing towards the food on the stove before going over to it to shut it off, "Whaddya think of eggs and bacon?"

Tyler doesn't say a word. He continues to cling to Josh's neck. Josh somehow gets two plates and evenly divides the eggs and bacon onto both of them with one hand. He continues to hold the boy as he sets the plates down on the table one by one.

"No." Tyler whimpers as Josh tries to set him down on his chair.

"Why not? Would you rather sit with me?" Josh tries to reason.

He sets the brunet on his chair, then sitting down on his own. Not even a second goes by and Tyler scrambles onto the elder's lap, resting his head on Josh's chest.

"I want you to eat, so do you wanna do it yourself like a big boy? Hm?"

Tyler shakes his head and buries himself deeper into Josh's chest, taking his his morning scent which consisted of the bacon he had cooked.

"Well... if you don't eat then we can't do the special day I have planned, hun." Josh smirked, hopefully to succeed in bribing Tyler, which he did.

The brunet takes the fork from Josh and sits up, taking a bite of his scrambled eggs. The older boy wraps an arm around Tyler's waist, holding him securely on his lap. The two of them eat in silence, Tyler giggling every few minutes for no exact reason.

"Sweetpea?" Josh asks, setting his fork down on the table. "What is—well... what's my name?"

Tyler gnaws on his last piece of bacon, trying to avoid Josh's question. Subconsciously he knew what Josh was referring to, but he didn't want to talk about it. It was only a mistake.

"My Joshie." The boy mumbles, leaning back onto Josh's chest.

"Okay."

Tyler finishes his bacon and sneezes, Josh grip tightening instinctively.

"Bless you, honey."

Tyler hums, sniffling. Josh kisses Tyler's bed head hair, hugging him closer.

"Do you want to go to the park today? I'll give you a pair of my snow pants and a jacket and stuff. Would you like to do that?"

Tyler turns around with wide eyes, a toothy smile appearing. Tyler nods vigorously almost jumping in Josh's lap.

"P'ease!"

Josh chuckles warmly, "I was thinking we'd go a bit later when it stops snowing, at least for the most part."

Tyler's energy seems to disappear. Josh notices and blows raspberries on his neck, making the brunet screech in happiness. Josh smiles wide, starting to tickle the boy's sides. Minutes go by just like this. Both of them super happy.

"Ty, can I tell you something?"

"Mhm."

Josh stands up, holding Tyler with both hands. He walks over to the counter, setting Tyler on top of it.

"Is it okay if I um... let you know that you always make me smile? And that you're so darn cute? Because you are so cute, honey." Josh says, clearly struggling to say the words correctly.

Tyler giggles, trying to look Josh in the eye. Once Josh looks up at the younger boy he smiles.

"I, um, you're so cute. And you always make me laugh. Well... I don't know how to put this..." Josh scratches the back of his head, unable to get what he wants to say out.

"Joshie!" Tyler whispers, tugging on Josh's short sleeve.

"Tyty!" Josh copies.

"M'love you..." He shyly replies, blushing and looking away.

Josh's heart melts. He feels like he's on cloud nine. Tyler did the work for him. He carefully takes Tyler's hands in his, kissing each one. Tyler's cheeks turn a light shade of pink once again.

"Honey?"

Tyler looks at him with wide eyes. Josh brushes his fingers through Tyler's brown hair softly, going around the back of his head and cupping the boy's cheek. Tyler leans into his touch with a soft smile.

"Warm." He simply states, almost making Josh burst out laughing.

"Your face is just cold."

"Nuh-uh!" Tyler protests, Josh's hand still cupping his cheek.

"Whatever." Josh rolls his eyes, smiling.

He leans towards the brunet on the counter. Wrapping his hands around Tyler's waist he kisses the boy's cheek. When he pulls away Tyler looks like he just saw a ghost.

"What's the matter—?"

Josh gets cut off by Tyler pressing his lips against his own. He's taken aback, but quickly leans into the kiss more. Without Josh knowing, nor realizing, Tyler starts to cry out of pure happiness. The older boy puts both of his hands on either side of Tyler's face.

"I love you." Josh finally says when they both pull away to breathe.

They continue to kiss for another minute. When the two boys pull away from each other Tyler smiles. Josh reciprocates.

"I love you more." Tyler says, clearly out of breath.

Tyler shifts on the counter, trying to get closer to Josh. He sniffles, getting the older boy's full attention.

"Were you crying? Did I hurt you somehow?" Josh says, worrying he hurt the smaller boy.

"No," Tyler chuckles, "I just somehow love you too much."

"Okay," Josh lets out a breath of relief. "I love you too."

Josh's hands travel down from Tyler's upper arms down to his lower back. Meeting the brunet's eyes his heart swells with love.

"Would you like to go out with me, Tyler?"

"No."

"What?" His heart starts to race as his eyes widen.

"I'm kidding! Relax! I'd love to go out with you." Tyler smiles.

"Okay. Okay." Josh catches his breath. "You're a brat."

"Not always." Tyler smirks.

⚫️🌼⚫️

I wanted to be a lot meaner and leave you guys with the "no" but I just couldn't...

Curse me...

Love ya!

~ M ❤️