*thirty five*

(i've been going through a small beatles rage the past few days... this one has been stuck in my head the entire day today)

Tyler internally groans as he is asked by Josh to get a few loafs of bread from a few aisles down and bring it to the cart. He did not want to be grocery shopping.

"Tyler, please, right now." Josh casually says as he browses the dairy section, looking for some milk and cheese.

"Ugh, fine." Tyler sighs, "I'm only doing this because I love you."

"And because I told you to." Josh smirks, shifting his eyes over to meet Tyler's while raising an eyebrow. The brunet looks down at his feet, feeling the dominance radiating off of Josh and smothering him.

"And because you told me to..." Tyler mumbles as he walks away from Josh and the cart and to the aisle containing the bread.

The brunet quietly sings to himself as he strolls down the aisle, looking for the bread they always have around the house. As he is looking at the bread he also sees no one else in the aisle. He continues to sing, but a little louder this time.

"Wait! Oh yes, wait a minute Mister Postman. Wait! Wai-hay-hay-hait Mister Postman." He sings quietly, getting three loaves of their bread.

A young girl comes down the aisle without Tyler noticing. She is wearing a sparkling pink dress with her jet black hair in a ponytail. She watches Tyler continue to sing with a smile on her face.

"You gotta wait a minute, wait a minute, oh yeah. Check it and see one more time for me." Tyler turns to walk back to the cart and sees the little girl in his path, startling him. The girl smiles more and starts to clap.

"You should be famous!" She cheers as she comes closer to Tyler.

"Huh, well thank you, sweetheart." The brunet smiles, bending down to her level.

"Um... can I give you a hug?" The girl sways from side to side, nervously looking up at Tyler.

Tyler was taken aback by the random question, but he wasn't going to turn down an innocent girl asking for a hug. So he nods his head and opens his arms for her. The girl happily walks into his arms and gives him a big hug.

"What's your name, hun?" Tyler asks when he pulls away.

"My name is Tylar." Tylar says as she focuses on Tyler's eyes.

"Really? Mine is Tyler too! Isn't that crazy?" Tyler chuckles as he puts his hand out that didn't have the bread in it to hopefully receive a high-five from the little girl, which she does.

"Super crazy!" Tylar giggles.

"How old are you, Tylar?"

"Seven!"

"Oh really? I'm seventeen! I'm old!"

"You are very old!" She giggles.

That sentence makes Tyler bust out laughing, almost making him drop the bread in his hand.

A minute later a young boy, not looking much older than Tylar, comes around the corner. When he spots the little girl he sighs in annoyance. Speed walking over to her, he grabs Tylar by the wrist.

"Where have you been, Tylar? Mom has been looking for you!" He grumbles to her, trying to pull her away from where she was standing.

"Ugh, Morgan! I was watching Tyler sing! He's a good singer!" She snaps back, trying to yank her hand away from him.

"We. Need. To. Go!" Morgan argues. He slowly pulls Tylar away from Tyler, the girl frowning as she is dragged away.

"Bye, Tyler!"

"Bye, Tylar!" Tyler waves goodbye, thinking he'll most likely he'll never see the little girl again. When the girl is out of sight Josh strolls in the aisle with the half full cart in front of him.

"I thought I lost you!" Josh laughs, "I didn't know if you got lost or something! I see you got the bread though!" He gestures to the bread in the younger boy's hand.

Tyler smiles as he puts the loaves of bread in the cart, filling it up even more.

"How much longerrr?" Tyler asks as he tucked his head into the crook of Josh's shoulder. The boy softly stomps his feet, getting fed up with being grocery shopping.

"Not much, baby boy."

Tyler looks up at Josh who was looking at the goldfish crackers across the aisle. The older boy had a smirk spread across his face once again.

"Noo. Stop it! Wanna wait until we get home!" Tyler whines as the mere look on Josh's face sends him closer to the border of big and little.

"Okay, I'll wait a lil' bit before we get you tiny, little guy."

Tyler sends him what he thinks is an intimidating stare, but it really just looks like he's squinting in bright sunlight. Josh shakes his head and pats the brunet's back before motioning the boy to follow him out of the aisle.

"I'm almost done, Ty. Then we can go home. Sound good to you?"

"Yeah..."

With a few more items in the cart, the two head off to the checkouts and checkout as quickly as possible before returning to their car.

"Ready to head home?" Josh asks as he puts the key in the ignition and starts it up.

"Mhm..." Tyler hums.

"I love you, baby."

Tyler smiles and looks at Josh, "I love you too."

⚫️🌼⚫️

Hey!

Little filler :)

Hoped you enjoyed!

Love ya!

~ M ❤️