*thirty eight*

(small filler)

Josh leans up against the counter of the book store. He looks over at Tyler who was sitting in a corner reading—more so looking—at a children's picture book.

"How's Tyler been?" Brendon asks quietly, even though it was only the three in the store.

Josh rolls his eyes as he watches his boy flip the page of the book. He still hadn't forgiven Brendon for doing all of those drugs with Tyler, but he was still his friend in the end.

"He's okay. He doesn't seem addicted to what you guys did... so that's a plus."

"Josh! I've said I'm sorry about a million times!! What else can I do?!"

"I—I don't know. I... I'm sorry for always seeming to be an asshole around you." Josh sighs. He notices Tyler shifting uncomfortably in the corner. "Hey, I'm gonna go check up on Tyler." He says as he walks out from behind the counter to the brunet.

"Hey, buddy. Are you okay? Do you need to use the bathroom or something?" The older boy bends down and softly lays his hand on Tyler's shoulder.

Tyler shakes his head. "No. I'm all set."

Josh raises his eyebrow slightly at how Tyler didn't have a hint of his little side in him at the moment. Taking both of his arms, the older boy wraps them around his boy in protection.

"Are you feeing okay, Tyler?" Josh asks, really concerned for his boy's well being. Tyler clearly hadn't been himself for quite a while now.

Tyler's bottom lip wobbles as he stares at the children's book. A tear slips down his cheek as he starts to whine and cry.

"Baby, hey," Josh soothes, placing his hand on the boy's shoulder. "I don't know what's wrong unless you talk to me, hun."

Tyler takes in a shaky breath, exhaling with a small whimper. "I-I want to be small b-but no matter what I-I do I c-can't! I can't, J-Josh!" He rants. Tyler closes the book and curls up into a ball, crying.

Josh, slightly panicking, looks over to Brendon who looks at the two in shock, his mouth wide open. The faded red haired boy mouths that he was going to the back room. Josh struggles to pick up the brunet, his body being limp making it hard to hold. They enter the back room and walk over to the bean bag.

"Shh, shh, shh." The older boy soothes, bending down to sit on the bean bag as quietly as possible. "Hey, hey, hey... no crying, little one, you're okay."

The little lays face down on top of Josh, smushing half his face into Josh's shoulder and the other half on the bean bag.

Bouncing Tyler up and down, Josh attempts to quiet the boy down. Tyler squirms around, still crying loudly. Josh's heart breaks as the boy continues to cry into his ear.

"Baby, my goodness, what's wrong?" Josh whispers to himself as he pats Tyler's back like a baby.

Minutes filled with crying pass by, Josh doing his very best to age the brunet down. But slowly the crying ceased. The older boy felt the weight on his shoulder no longer there. He looked down to see big, brown eyes staring up at him innocently.

"Do I see my baby boy?" Josh teases with a smile spreading across his face.

Tyler blushes, trying his best to hide himself in his boyfriend's chest. Josh's hand stays softly on the boy's bum, while the other strokes his back up and down.

"There's my beautiful baby boy. There he is!" Josh's voice raises in pitch as he continues to baby talk the little on top of him. "There's my cutesy baby. I missed seeing your little smile. Yes I did. Oh yes I did!"

The brunet squirms and giggles at the attention and baby talk he was receiving. He rolls onto his side, facing Josh. His hand flies out and covers Josh's mouth.

"Hey!" Josh says, voice muffled by the boy's hand. He nibbles on the boy's hand, earning a squeal followed by a yawn. Josh laughs at his boy's adorable smile following.

"Sounds like someone needs a nap. Hmm... I wonder who it is..." Josh jokes. He sees Tyler's eyes go wide in fear. The boy points at Josh.

"I need the nap?"

"Mhm!" Tyler hums with a mischievous grin.

"No! I think it's someone else!" Josh says. He starts to rub the back of the boy's head.

"Brennon."

"Nooo, well, he might want one. But I'm pretty sure it's you, little guy."

Tyler whines and kicks his legs. Tears seem to form immediately as he throws a small tantrum. Josh knows something is wrong with his little angel, but he just sighs and cuddles the boy as he throws his tantrum.

"Shh, shh, shh. Quiet, buddy." Josh soothes, but despite his best efforts, Tyler continues to cry.

He eventually tires himself out, and much to Josh's relief, falls sound asleep. Josh huffs almost happily and tilts his head back while patting the brunet's back.

A minute later there's a quiet knock on the door with a certain raven haired boy standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Josh, do you want me to pick up lunch for us? And the little guy?"

Josh looks down at the brunet asleep, who was lying almost on top of him.

"That would be amazing, Bren. What about either Burger King or McDonald's? Surprise me. But could you get a happy meal for Ty please?"

Brendon nods his head, "Of course. He tuckered himself out, didn't he with all of that crying?"

"Yeah he did." Josh smiles faintly. "Now get going, doofus, he probably won't stay awake much longer!"

Brendon raises his hands up as if to surrender somehow. "On it chief." He states before closing the door and going to get their lunches.

Josh rocks his baby boy as he waits for Brendon to return. He starts to wonder what is going on in Tyler's head. His temper and attitude have been off recently, but Josh shakes it off and continues to cuddle with his boy.

⚫️🌼⚫️

Hey!

Quick question... I overthink I guess and I replay conversations in my head of which I am embarrassed about...

ex: today i had a basketball game. i was playing (duh) and i forgot to do the simplest thing to do in our play (cut to the foul line) i was taken out seconds later and my coach said to me "hey, remember blah blah blah blah cut to the foul line when the ball goes down low blah blah blah"

i knew that, but i was just so distracted and i forgot

so i beat myself because of that or because of conversations like that or when i should've done something different. (sometimes i actually like... facepalm my forehead really hard a few times too... that's bad too...)

BUT ANYWAY!

i want to try and stop that (both the overthinking and the physical aspect of that too)

do any of you have any tips about that?

if you do please tell me!! i'm very appreciative of it!!! :)

Love ya!

~ M ❤️