*thirteen*

"Do you like it, Tyler?" Josh brushes a stray hair behind Tyler's ear as the brunet takes another bite of his taco.

Josh was doing surprisingly good with two littles on his hands. One super energetic, the other super clingy. Tyler puts his taco down and looks over at Brendon. Brendon has sour cream lining his mouth as he took a sip of his soda. Tyler looks up at Josh, gesturing to Brendon once he got the older boy's attention.

"Brenny, you have sour cream on your lips." Josh points out, giving a few of the napkins in the middle of the table to him.

Josh felt Tyler tug on his shirt, quietly whining. As Josh looks over at the younger boy Tyler lays his head down on his shoulder, letting out a sigh.

"Tyty! When, umm, when we gets back to the bookstore I can read 3 more books! But then I haf'ta be big again... Joshie told me that when yous was asleep in the car..." Brendon trails off with a pout.

A short while passes, the three of them eating happily. Josh looks at his phone to see that they should get going so they can open the store again.

"We should get going you two if we want to open on time, babes." Josh says, standing up from their booth.

Tyler looks up at him with pleading eyes, making grabby hands at Josh.

"Bren, hun, can I trust you to be able to walk to the car by yourself?"

"Uh-huh!" Brendon smiles, grabbing what's left of his taco and walks out. Josh keeps an eye on him until he's safely in the car.

Josh looks around the building to see that they were the only customers in there. The workers were nowhere to be found.

"Hi, sweetheart." Josh says as he lifts Tyler up and onto his hip. He holds the brunet with one arm and throws away their trash with the other.

As Josh walks out the door Tyler lays his head on the older boy's shoulder. He draws shapes on Josh's right cheek, smiling. Opening the car door, he places Tyler in the back and buckles him up. Tyler happily giggles, bouncing in the seat slightly.

"Cutie pie." Josh chuckles, taking the brunet's hand and kissing it, making him squeal and giggle even more.

When Josh sits in the driver's seat Brendon looks at him with an over dramatic pout, "I want kisses too!"

Josh playfully rolls his eyes and smiles as he takes Brendon's hand and gives it a kiss before he starts the car and drives back to the bookstore.

*^*

Josh had put Tyler down for a nap almost two hours ago. He was happy he slept until closing time. Brendon was counting all of the money they made in sales as Josh went to go wake the sleeping boy.

"Tyler, honey," Josh says softly, brushing over Tyler's cheek with his thumb. "We need to go home, sweetpea. Time to get up."

Tyler stirs, after a minute he finally opens his eyes to meet Josh's. Seeing Josh he smiles, reaching over for him to pick him up. Josh does, spinning him around in circles. The brunet screeches in joy, giggling nonstop.

"Hey, sleepy head." Josh whispers in Tyler's ear.

"Hi, Joshie."

"We can go home now. Wanna say bu-bye to Brendon?" Josh asks, setting Tyler down and grabbing the things that he left in the room.

Tyler races off to the front counter. He runs behind it and jumps on Brendon's back, who was still counting the money from their sales

"Aye!" Brendon chuckles, "Who's that behind me?"

Tyler laughs, linking his arms around Brendon's neck, hoisting himself up so Brendon has to hold him.

"Ride!" Tyler giggles.

Brendon quickly sets down the money, making sure he remembered how much he had counted. He secured Tyler's legs in his grasp and ran around the small area for two full minutes, happy that he was making the giggly little happy too. Brendon runs into the back room and sets Tyler down. The brunet whines as he walks over to Josh.

"That little guy... he's something." Brendon laughed, practically out of breath.

"He is." Josh agrees. "Ty? Ready to go home?"

"Mhm."

Josh looks at Brendon with his eyebrow raised.

"You good? Don't need anything else from me?"

Brendon shakes his head, "Nope! Just need to finish counting then I'll lock up and go home. You two enjoy the rest of your evening!" Brendon says as he walks back to the counter.

"Let's go, hun."

Josh and Tyler walk out of the building, right before Tyler gave Brendon one more hug. They get into Josh's car and start to drive home.

"You like Brendon, Ty?"

The older boy looks over at the brunet, who was biting his nails.

"Mhm."

⚫️🌼⚫️