*forty nine*

(a pic from my harry styles concert on 10-21-21)

Tyler lays awake, trying to sleep. It's not very late. It's only 8:30 at night. He had the small TV in the room playing The Impractical Jokers. He wasn't really watching it, it wasn't mainly just for some background noise. He's waiting for a text back from Jenna. Setting his phone on the nightstand, Tyler gets up and walks around the room. He's been staying in the room for a while now. It had been so long since he felt Josh's warmth beside him. And truly, he missed it. He missed it bad.

Tyler goes over to one of the dressers for no real reason, just to be nosey. He looks at the TV for a brief minute. He looks over to see Murr trying to get a random stranger to spoon him on the door in the middle of the mall. That was totally not helping his craving for touch. He looks away and opens the top drawer of the dresser. He slowly pokes through some random stuff like a coin purse, a deck of cards, three small wooden boxes, a plastic bag with some old polaroid photos, and even an old chain next to the bag.

Tyler was afraid to disturb how everything was. Although the bag was a little yellow-ish and cloudy, Tyler could see the first picture in it. He made out Josh, probably around his age, give or take. Josh was shirtless which made Tyler turn a little red. He was sitting on a couch with a beer in his left hand, resting it on top of the couch. With the other hand he was holding up the rocker symbol. The widest of smiles was on Josh's face, although the picture was just a tad bit blurry. It was taken on Josh's right side, and on his left was some people. Everyone in the picture had some type of alcohol in their hand. And Tyler couldn't help but notice a chain around Josh's neck, which seemed to be the very chain right next to the bag of pictures.

"Woah," Tyler whispers. "he is still hot after a few years." He smiles and shuts the drawer. As he shuts it, his finger gets pinched inside. He makes a noise and pulls his finger back, he sits on the bed holding it. After a minute he turns on the bedside light, but as he turns it on he scrapes the very finger he pinched on a piece of sharp metal in the light. He yelps once more and sucks on his finger. He tastes blood. He gets the light turned on and sees a stream of blood coming from his index finger. But hadn't he just taken it out of his mouth though? This wasn't good.

Tyler tries for just over five minutes to stop the bleeding. But it just keeps coming. He starts to get worried, and when he gets worried he starts to regress. Quickly he gets up and runs to the room he used to sleep in with Josh. The door was only open a slight bit. Just enough to peek through to see Josh laying down and watching TV. Tyler just stands there holding his continuously bleeding finger. He heard the tiniest splat hit the ground, a drop of blood fell. He waited another minute, scared to go in. But Josh noticed him from the corner of his eye.

"Do you wanna come in?" Josh calls out softly. He sees Tyler shuffle in. It was dark, so he couldn't really see him. He could hear the brunet sort of whimpering, but he wasn't saying anything.

"What's wrong?" Josh asks. Tyler doesn't say anything, he just whispers louder and hold out his hand, or at least it looks like he is. The boy shuffles in a little bit closer and as soft as possible, stomps his feet a little bit. Josh gets a little impatient, he sits up and looks at Tyler who is just a shade of blue from the TV.

"I can't help if I don't know what's going on. Or if you don't use your words. And I can't even see you anyway. I can't help." Josh says impatiently.

Tyler whines loudly and turns around. He goes to the door and flicks on the light switch. The lights reveal his bloody finger, which had left a few drops of blood when he walked in the room. Josh takes a minute to look at the scene in front of him. A crying Tyler in his pajamas, holding his hand that was bleeding, more so his finger that was bleeding. Now he felt bad. Now he felt like a jackass talking to Tyler like he did. Great.