*nine*

"I'm sorry,"

"What? You have nothing to be sorry for!"

"Yes, I do. I woke you up last night. I didn't mean to do that, I'm sorry."

Tyler sighs, laying down on the floor again. He had woken up before Josh did and had waited for him to wake up as well.

"You're fine! Stop being upset," Tyler groans, spreading his arms across the floor, "I'm rested, that's all that matters!"

Josh lies back down on his bed, letting out a loud sigh. Tyler furrows his brow. He gets up and jumps on the bed, moving himself to sit criss-cross next to Josh.

"You need to chill, dude, I'm alright! Seriously!" Tyler giggles, trying to nudge Josh's arm off of his eyes.

Josh resists Tyler's attempts to push his arm off of his face, showing a glimpse of a small smile.

"Chill, dude, I'm alright!" Josh teases in a mocking tone, sticking his tongue out right after.

Tyler keeps his eyes on him and pouts, seeming to be a little hurt by his action. Josh removes his arm and starts to tickle Tyler, making to brunet fall onto his lap.

"J-Joshie!" Tyler giggles, "St-Stop!" His sides were starting to hurt along with his cheeks from smiling so much. The room fell silent as Josh stopped tickling him.

The younger boy sat up, crossing his arms and pouting at Josh.

"Why'd ya do that?" He whines.

Josh bites his lip to keep himself from laughing. He leans forward a bit and gently grabs Tyler, pulling him into his lap. He starts to tickle him again, this time suddenly and without mercy. Tyler's lips form into a smile, falling back onto Josh's lap. He screams out of pure happiness and squirms on Josh's lap. What seems like forever passes, but it was only minutes. Josh slowly stops tickling the younger boy, letting him breathe again.

"Why you tickle me?!" Tyler giggles, lookin up into Josh's dark brown eyes.

"Because you're cute when you laugh."

"No m'not!"

Josh smiles, leaning down closer to Tyler, "I think you are, mister."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

Josh laughs, pressing their foreheads together.

"No!" Tyler giggles.

"No!" Josh laughs.

"Yes!"

Josh laughs even harder than he already was, absentmindedly running his fingers through Tyler's hair.

"You're such a goofball, hun."

Tyler smiles warmly and nuzzles himself into Josh's lap a bit. He raises his arm and boops Josh's nose, giggling after he did so. Josh chuckles softly, rubbing his thumb across Tyler's cheek.

"Are you in headspace, Ty?"

Tyler's eyes widen, he was slightly taken aback by Josh's question, but nonetheless he responds by shrugging. He didn't really feel small at the moment, but he did feel a little childish.

"N-No."

Josh nods, gently maneuvering Tyler to sit on his lap, the younger boy's head resting on his chest.

"Is it okay if I ask you a few questions, hun? I promise you that if you feel uncomfortable just tell me and I'll stop with them, sound good?"

"Uh-huh."

"Okay, first off, how old are you usually in your headspace?"

Tyler takes a deep breath, relaxing against the bigger man's chest.

"M'usually two through four or five-ish. B-But I have gotten smaller... I-I guess. But when m'in my headspace I don't really talk much or really at all. It doesn't matter how old I feel, I don't usually talk much."

Josh nods, waiting a few seconds before he asks another question, "What do you like to do when you feel little, hun?"

"Umm, I like to play with trucks, cars, dolls sometimes, uh... and mostly little boy things. But like I said sometimes more girly things. I also like to color n' stuff. And when I feel about two or younger... uh... blocks, stuffies and I like to watch movies."

"One last thing... anything you need when you're feeling little, Ty?"

Josh heard Tyler whimper under him. The older man looked down at him and took his hand, rubbing his thumb over the boy's hand.

"Do you want me to stop?" Josh questions, lying his head on top of Tyler's.

The brunet shakes his head, taking his hand with Josh's and placing it against the older man's chest, then resting his head on top of them.

"In my duffel bag I have a few paci's, a few shirts, one other stuffie, and a few sippy cups... with one bottle..." Tyler says quietly, feeling a little embarrassed about this conversation.

Josh caresses Tyler's cheek with his free hand, humming.

"Thank you, sweetheart. That must've been a little hard for you to talk about, but I appreciate it so very much."

Tyler looks up to meet Josh's eyes. He quickly blushes and nods, reverting his eyes back to his own lap.

"Yeah,"

⚫️🌼⚫️