*nineteen*

"Daddy..."

"I know it, Ty, I know it. I'm just laying you down so you can finish your nap. I just reopened the store, so I have to go back out there, honey."

The brunet whines as he is set down on the big bean bag.

"Do you want to watch Netflix, baby?" Josh gets his computer from the table in the room and turns it on, immediately going to Netflix.

"Daddy!" Tyler whines, making grabby hands at the red-ish haired boy.

"Yes, honey? Josh asks, keeping his eyes on the screen as he pulls up Netflix.

"Wan' you."

Josh picks The Emoji Movie for Tyler to watch. He sets the computer down in front of the boy before lifting him up in his arms. Tyler starts to cry, getting Josh's shoulder slightly wet.

"Shh, baby. You're alright, sweetpea. Deep breaths... good boy." Josh sighs, holding his boy close.

Josh bounces the boy for a few minutes until he calms down, setting him on the bean bag he gives the boy the computer.

"You can watch this and a little after it's finished we can go home. Okay? Get a nice, warm bath and watch some tv, maybe cuddle a bit?" Josh kisses the brunet's head, making Tyler smile. "You're such a good boy. I love you."

"M'love you." Tyler wipes his eyes and blows Josh a kiss.

Shortly after Josh goes to the counter, Tyler starts to fall back asleep watching the movie in front of him. With his thumb in his mouth, he falls peacefully asleep. Meanwhile Josh is ringing up a customer that seems to like a little more than just books.

"Hi, I'm Victoria." He random woman says with a strongly flirtatious tone.

"Hello." Josh replies bluntly, ringing up the few books she was buying.

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?"

"Josh."

The lady tries her best to flirt with him, but having no success.

"So... are you doing anything later today?" She asks for what seems like the millionth time, as Josh gently hits the old register for it to start working again.

"I. Have. A. Partner." Josh snaps, "Here's your books." Josh throws the bag towards the exit, glaring at the woman.

"Where's your manager?! This is ridiculous! You'll be fired. And what partner?"

Josh takes a deep breath. Running his hands over his face he exhales from his nose.

"So? Where's your manger? Hm? Get him out here."

"I'm the god damn co-owner of this place. The other owner is off today, so you've got me if you have a problem with one of my workers." Josh gestures around the somewhat small store.

The woman growls and she walks towards the exit to take her bag.

"And I thought you were hot."

"Thank you!" Josh yells, smiling at her.

Once she walks out of the store, Josh lays his head down on the counter, sighing once more.

"Daddy..."

Josh lifts his head up to see Tyler looking scared, sticking his head out of the doorway of the back room.

"Hun, c'mere."

Tyler shuffles to Josh, stopping right next to him. Josh sits down on the stool and lifts him in his lap.

"Did you hear all of that nonsense?" Josh asks, brushing some hair behind the boy's ear and kissing his forehead.

Tyler nods his head, grabbing Josh's free hand and playing with his fingers. After a moment the older boy takes his hand back and wiggles his fingers on Tyler's neck, making him laugh and wiggle.

"You're adorable, hun." Josh says, more to himself than Tyler.

"No!" The brunet shakes his head, kissing Josh's nose. "You too cute!"

"No." Josh smiles.

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!" Tyler starts to giggle, bouncing slightly on Josh's lap.

"No!"

"Yes!"

Josh kisses Tyler's neck, "Yes!"

"No."

Tyler's smile drops as he realizes what he accidentally said before he pouts as Josh, tugging on his shirt.

"Not fair."

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean it." Josh wraps his arms around the boy's shoulders, pulling him closer.

"Daddy?"

"Mhm?"

Tyler leans up as Josh lets go of him. "Go home?"

Josh sighs as he looks at the clock near the entrance. It was about forty five minutes until closing, but he really did want to go home too.

"In a few minutes, okay, baby?"

"M'kay." Tyler sighs before leaning back onto Josh's chest once more.

⚫️🌼⚫️

Hey!

Please check my board if you don't follow me already...

There's something really important I want you guys to see and maybe even help me decide...

Love ya!

~ M ❤️