*forty four*

(don't leave by A R I Z O N A)

Tyler sits in the car while Josh drives them to the medical center. Tyler holds his stuffie to his stomach the entire way. The boy was nervous, he hated therapists. Throughout his entire life he never once had a good experience with one.

"Little one," Josh trails as he pulls into the parking lot. "We're here. You gotta be a big boy now." He unclips the pacifier clip and takes the pacifier out of the little one's mouth. Tyler whimpers, kicking his feet lightly.

"You gotta be a big boy, Tyler." Josh says more sternly. He gets out of the car and walks over to Tyler's side and opens the door.

"Bring?" Tyler asks, holding out his stuffie.

"You need to use a complete sentence, Tyler."

Tyler furrows his brow, "No!"

Josh rubs the bridge of his nose. He was not going to put up with him acting like he was. Especially if he was gonna treat him for good behavior, that is, if Tyler was even going to show some good behavior.

"Tyler. You're going to stop. You better be in your adult headspace once we walk in that building. I don't care if you bring the bird in, you just need to be big."

"Don't wanna be big. Don't wanna see the stupid fucking therapist." Tyler whines, throwing his stuffed bird at his feet.

Josh gasps, leaving his mouth open. Josh quickly unbuckles Tyler and bends down so they're face to face with each other.

"Tyler Robert. That was completely uncalled for. One more stupid outburst like that and you'll be over my knee in an instant." Josh pinched the chub on Tyler's thigh. He grabbed Tyler's wrist and lead him out of the car.

"I want my stuffie!" Tyler whined, stopping dead in his tracks.

Josh stops and gestures to the car for Tyler to get his stuffie. The boy runs back over to the car and gets it, squishing it to his chest as he shuts the car door.

They go inside and check in. Ten minutes later they're still waiting in the waiting room. A big fish tank sat next to them, filled with all sorts of brightly colored salt water fish.

"Daddy, look." Tyler whispers, "Is Nemo." He points to a tiny clownfish near the corner of the tank just chilling in some seaweed.

"Cute. But you need to be a big boy."

Tyler pouts, knowing that Josh was right. Leaning his head on Josh's shoulder, he closes his eyes and takes deep breaths.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be such a bitch." Tyler sighs.

"Hey, just because you're big doesn't mean you can keep swearing." Josh smirks, leaning his head on top of Tyler's. Josh lays his hand on the boy's inner thigh. Caressing his inner thigh, Josh gets a little too close to Tyler's abdomen, making the boy squirm and let out a quiet whine as he buries his face into Josh's shoulder.

"Aw, I don't even have to compliment you to make you get all flustered and red." Josh teases. "But I accept your apology, thank you, Tyler."

Minutes go by and the two eventually get called into the back to wait for the therapist. There was only one other person sitting in the back waiting room. A middle aged man with only one arm. But shortly after Tyler and Josh sit down he's called into someone's room.

"Josh."

"Yes?"

"Um," Tyler mumbles, using his stuffed bird practically as a stress ball, "I don't wanna be here. I'm nervous."