Mommy's Little Helpers

Valery was in the kitchen getting everything together to make her homemade beef tips and rice, cabbage, and cornbread . She had just gotten out some spices that she would need when Jaden came in asking to help and right behind him came Ezekiel. She smiled down at the young boys she gave them both their own bowls and set them up at the table she pulled out two hover pads to help them reach the table to avoid as much mess as possible. She gave the now 7 year old Jaden the meat to clean and season and she handed 5 year old Ezekiel some eggs to scramble for her cornbread she was going to make. She sang a song of happy people and love. The song was something she made up and the boys caught on to quickly. Soon they were all happily singing in the kitchen cooking dinner. Soon the girls jasmine and Samantha ran in and wanted something to do. Valery put them on dessert duty and she pulled out a virtual cook book for them to choose from. Dinner was almost done and Valery had just put the cake that the girls mixed up in the oven along with the cornbread that she made. She heard a squeal and she turned quickly scared that someone had gotten hurt. What she found was little Ezekiel covered in cake batter with a bowl on his head. Everyone paused then the whole kitchen erupted in laughter. Ezekiel walked to the restroom while licking himself clean to shower before his parents saw him. He stepped into the shower tube and pressed the button for a quick shower and a deep clean for his hair. He picked an outfit and within 10 minutes he was done.

He skipped back to the kitchen to see no one there. So he walked to the living room where they were all watching nature outside of the home as the jaguars played around together. He ran and jumped into his mothers arms and leaned into her neck where he fell asleep. Once the food was done everyone came to the dining room Ezekiel was now awake and everyone share funny stories either ones they imagined or ones that truly happened. This was the tradition that the kids very much enjoyed. It brings Ezekiel and Seth out of their shells and the parents were able to relive happy moments from their pasts. After dinner Barbara, Ezekiel, Jasmine, and Samantha all would go outside and Barbara would teach them about the plants. How to tell the edible from the poisonous plants. She also taught them of the healing capabilities of the plants and as the years past they started to grow their own gardens close to Barbara's. This became another tradition that helped them relax after dinner.

While they were outside with nature Valery was with Jaden in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner and playing with the soap bubbles. Sebastian wanted to be in the garden with his mom but his dad has insisted on teaching him about his and James' inventions on saving the world. He took notes and after about 30 minutes or so he would be saved by his baby brother. Ezekiel would come in cleaned of the dirt from the garden looking over his shoulder seemingly interested in the notes. He would ask his brother about some things and Sebastian would hand him the papers and tell him to go ask dad. They would share a knowing wink and Sebastian would run off to replace Ezekiel in the gardens and Ezekiel would absorb all things science and engineering from his father and godfather. They even allowed him to put a couple of fixing touches on their newest design. One of the panels on the southern side of their oasis had been getting a lot of exposure lately and they wanted to use that to their advantage and try to hone in the power that was left behind to figure out if they can somehow harness the flares in a conductor and disperse the energy to their electronics.

Ezekiel's mind wondered to the helper bots and how there are so many of them for so many different reasons. He was brought out of his thoughts when his father had a lightbulb moment.