3

It was a small party in the backyard

It was a small party in the backyard. Only a few people were invited. We were officially engaged.

Mrs Beaufort walked towards me with a glass of champagne; her cool calm nature scares me sometimes. She just smiled and bent close to my ears....

"This is only for the papers Izzy, do not ever even for a second think I would let Al marry you? He is acting protective because he feels sorry for you, soon that would get over and he would need a mature, elegant woman in his life. You are not the one....so bask in the light as long as you can... I will make sure he goes away from you and you go away from our lives very soon....."

She straightened and smiled at me like nothing happened. I shivered at the threat.

"Everything ok Buttercup?"

I just nodded with a smile that did not reach my eyes... He just held my hand....

"It's ok baby... I got you".... he smiled...

Life went back to the same pace... with one exception I was now Alistair Beaufort's Fiancé. But I had to keep it a secret, I could not tell anyone at school that I was engaged... I did not want to get Alistair in trouble. I was still underage and he was 26. So I endured. A few more years.... then I can be Alistair's fiancé not only in papers, but in real life...

Oh how wrong I was........

*

*

*

Alistair got busier in office. He came back exhausted every night, I felt bad. He was taking care of my parents business as well his own. He was so cool.... made me care for him even more...

So one night, I decided to wait up; I had cooked his favorite meal... Pasta... I wanted to have dinner with him. I saw his car pull up the drive way, I ran to the door. I opened it just as he was about to open it with his keys.

"Hey?"

"Hey Buttercup, why are you awake so late? Don't you have school tomorrow...?"

"Its Saturday tomorrow Star, did you forget?" I took his things from him, he looked so tired he could fall...I just wanted to hug him so bad.... but I kissed him on his cheeks, he just leaned into it and groaned....

"I did not realize, it's been very busy at office..."

"It's ok...Go freshen... I will heat up dinner and we can have it together..."

"You waited for me?"

"Of course I did...now go...I am hungry" I wined...

"10 minutes" he grinned... and went upstairs to freshen...

I put the food for reheating and kept his things in his office.

He came down for dinner in just his sweat pants, wiping his hair dry....

He was so well built, those abs could melt ice...I blushed...l what was I thinking....I shook my head to get the image out of my head.... Stupid girl... stupid girl....

"So what did you make for me today buttercup?" he came close to take a look over my shoulder...I could feel his breath on my nape. Something stirred in my stomach... I didn't know what it was... I shivered....

"Baby, you ok?"... He turned me around....looked into my eyes....his eyes almost changed colour to a darker shade of blue, I felt the my stomach doing flips, there was something in his eyes I could not quite put my fingers on. His grip on my arms tightened...

I opened my mouth to say something... But my voice never came out...

He had his lips on mine... one arm round my waist and the other on my nape. I was stunned. His lips were so soft. I did not know what to do, so I just let him take full control... I heard a beautiful sound from him just before the kiss got even more intense...

 I heard a beautiful sound from him just before the kiss got even more intense

Then suddenly as it started... it was over. He just pushed me away... his eyes wide....

"This should not have happened.... I am so sorry Bella...I am so sorry" with that he just left me there in the kitchen, shaken and perplexed.

Things after that day, changed... Alistair would leave for office before I would wake up, and come after I sleep. He would avoid me like a plague...He kissed me!!! Then was avoiding even looking at me, was I that bad?

His mom had come one day, saw the tension between us... and just smirked....

I caught hold of him one day... "Star, I need to get some stuff for my school project, could you help"... I did not want to bring up that night... If he was uncomfortable, I did not want to make it worse...

"Why don't you take Paul, he would take you. He has kids so he would know better and take my card"... he said, not even looking up from his laptop...So he wanted me to go with his chauffeur

My heart felt heavy, I just shook my head.... "It's ok... I will manage" my voice broke, was I such a burden to be with now, Have I already started to become unwanted....?

I was having a hard time not to cry... I was just about to leave; when I heard him say...

"Fine....I will take you, but it has to be in the evening... I have work... is that ok with you?"

I smiled... and nodded... something was better than nothing I guess.....