9

(Alistair)

I had a meeting with the Mayor to settle a few things for my new project there. So I thought two things in one go. I would attend Luke's celebration and talk the Mayor too.

The meeting with the Mayor finished at about 7.30; I made it to the restaurant just as the celebrations were about to begin. It was nice to see that Luke has cut out a niche for himself.

I met him and gave him a hug... "pas mal Môn ami, pas mal du tout .... Felicitations"

"Merci beaucoup Môn ami, alors, avez-vous rencontré le gang et mes parents"

All of our mates were there, so were his parents. He took me to them and we shook hands.

I took his mom's hands and kissed it lightly... "C'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer après si longtemps, madame, tu n'as pas vieilli un jour"

"vous n'avez pas du tout changé, Alistair, toujours le même bavard que je vois"

The Mayor was there with his entourage; He saw me and called me over to join his table. I apologised to Luke's parents, took my leave from the rest and sat with the Mayor.

"Mr Mayor, friends and family, ladies and gentlemen," Luke started

"Thank you so much for being a part of this celebration. Today we celebrate the completion of 5 years of this restaurant and the receipt of a Michelin Star. We have specially crafted today's menu for the occasion. Please enjoy"

There was a huge round of applause... then the food started to come in. They were tasters, food at Luke's was wonderful; and then I took a bite into my pasta and froze...

"Bella", my mind went haywire. This was the pasta, Bella made for me on my birthday. It was her own recipe. How was it at Luke's restaurant?

I felt I would bust,

I had to restrain myself so hard to not run into the kitchen and look for the cook who made it, that I was shaking. I took a sip of the wine, to calm myself.

I finished dinner with the Mayor. He liked my idea about a few things; we decided to meet again for details.

I bid him farewell and as soon as his convoy left, I ran back to the restaurant.

"You are Back, Môn ami'

"Yes, I had to see the Mayor off before I asked you for a favour"

"Anything for you, Môn Ami, how can I help"

"May I meet the cook who made the pasta, it reminded me of home"

He looked surprised, but agreed...

"Of course you can, but we are a little tied now, can you wait for another half hour."

"Of course" , I waited.......................

(Isabella)

It was celebration time; we were expecting 75+ odd guests that included friends, family a few media personnel, the Mayor and his entourage.

But it's always that we have to prepare a few more extra for exigencies and us.

The place was decorated with red, white and blue, resembling the French flag, the seating arrangements were such each group were given a separate table, Family had a table, friends had one, the mayor had one, his entourage had one, and the media had one.

Each depicted by a different color scheme, so it's easier for the servers to understand...yes you guessed it right...My idea. What can I say; I get a lot of things from my Mom.

Everything was made in miniature format, so that everyone could taste almost each one of the dishes in the menu and not feel overwhelmed. There was soft music, so that the guest felt the vibe of the celebration yet low enough for them to talk.

*

*

*

*

Dinner service started and the entire kitchen came to life, we started sending out course after course...

Chef Luke was out entertaining the guests; it was up to Chef Adam to step up the plate. He did a brilliant job, keeping us all in line, shouting out orders; the entire service went smoothly...

Chef Luke came in the kitchen.... "Je suis si fière de vous tous, very well done everyone"

We all clapped...

He then handed us all envelopes... we looked at it...our eyes went wide like tennis balls. ...wad of cash

"A little bonus for all of you, also the restaurant will be closed for two days, you have worked hard, enjoy yourselves"

The entire kitchen erupted with whistles and claps....

"Isabella"

"Yes chef"

"Come out with me, a guest wants to meet you"

My jaws dropped, guests wanting to meet the cook, was a huge honour. I really did not deserve it.

Chef Adam patted my back reassuringly.

I walked into the dining room, behind Chef Luke; I was busy dusting my chef coat, trying to look as presentable as possible.

"Môn ami, this is the cook you were looking for, my prodigy..."

"Bella???"

I froze.....