10

(Isabella)

"Bella?" was just a whisper

I froze on spot. I know that voice; I have loved that voice for the better part of my life.

I could not move. I did not want to look up. I was scared what I would do when I look at the face that linked to the voice. I was shaking.... Please God, let it not be him.....

"Môn ami, you know each other?" I could hear Chef Luke say,

He did not reply; it was as if he had lost his voice, he was waiting for me to look up. When I did....all I felt was huge arms take me into a bone crushing hug..

all I felt was huge arms take me into a bone crushing hug

I heard him whispering... "Oh, thank you God, Thank you, Thank you"

My heart was not listening to me. It was hammering against my chest. He was so warm, I almost whimpered into his hug; I missed his so much, my arms slowly going round his waist, hugging him close.

I suddenly remembered Sally, the hurt that day. I stiffened into the hug. I pushed him away. He reluctantly let me go but his hands lingered round my waist.

"I appreciate your liking my food sir; Chef Luke is a great mentor." I tried to back away...but his grip tightened.

"No"

"Excuse me"

"I said No, Bella, I am not letting you get away from my life again, get your stuff, you are leaving with me"

"No I am not" I tried to argue

"I am not asking Bella, go inside, get your stuff, we leave now"

I looked at Chef Luke; he was just too stunned to say anything. He recovered and just nodded letting me know I could go with Alistair.

I walked back into the kitchen, changed into my normal clothes; I almost bumped into Chef Adam.

"whoa..whoa.. Watch where you are going, Peanut"

"Sorry Chef" I muttered

"Everything ok? You look pale"

"I am fine Chef, just tired" and the Devil is here to take my soul

"Goodnight chef"

"Goodnight Peanut"

I walked out of the changing room and saw Chef Luke watching me. He just came over and patted my head, as if he knew I was going to be taken to the slaughter house.

"Give him a chance to explain, Môn Amour, he is not as bad as you think"

I just smiled and nodded.

I walked out the kitchen to see Alistair waiting for me. He took my hand in his and we walked towards the waiting car.

"Back to the Hotel, Paul" he directed

The drive to the hotel was silent. He never let my hand go. If I tried to move it away his grip tightened. So I let him hold my hand, it was no use fighting. He was strong and I was exhausted.

We pulled up to the hotel, my eyes just popped out... It was a beautiful place, not to mention expensive.

"Go take a shower, I will bring you change" he told me as soon as we reached our room. Why was he so calm? But I was just too tired to argue

He handed me a pair of boxers and his Tee. I took a shower and came back to the room to find him at the balcony, smoking.... when did he start smoking?

"Where am I sleeping?" I ask without showing any concern about his smoking. When all I want to do is to just take the cigarette from him and throw it away and hug him to sleep.

"On the bed, Bella, it's big enough to hold both of us and still have space for two more"

I agree the bed was huge; So, I just crawled inside the warm blanket and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I was tired and I did not want a confrontation tonight. I haven't slept on a nice bed for over two years now, so, I just wanted to experience the comfort before it all went away.

I would face the Devil tomorrow.....