16

It was so beautiful living with Star...sleeping in his arms at night and waking up to him each morning. I felt married to him already. Alistair was like a big baby...never letting go of me when he was home... mornings we both left for our respective work places. When we met in the evening we were like love struck teenagers...It was like he wanted to make up for all the time we lost being together.

********

********

Chef Luke let us know that there was to be a press meet at our restaurant...he seems to be happy about it...

It was lunch time...when the press meet happened; we had cleared the restaurant off its tables. It opened up to a beautiful open space... we placed a stage in the front...

Food was from the menu but same plate for everyone...of course our standard four courses, but because press needed a lot of their equipment...We kept it small bite sized food, so that they could eat while they work..

We kept it small bite sized food, so that they could eat while they work

Trust me... it was tough getting everything miniature... but we had experience.

I was surprised to know that It was a press conference for Alistair...He told me he landed a housing project. He was quite happy about it...

Alistair stood up and tapped the glass to get attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the press, I have two very important announcements to make". He said smiling and looking at Chef Luke.

What's going on? Chef Luke seems to know. I have no clue... he just smiled...

"Ladies and gentlemen, as you all know I had come to town not only for an event but also for a business proposition......I am glad to announce that the housing project has been finalised. So I would be staying at your beautiful city to finish the project for the next 6 months"

A huge round of applause followed... I was surprised as well as relieved that we don't have to be away from each other and I could also complete my training.

"Now for even bigger news"

Alistair turned and asked me to join him. I looked at Chef Luke...he nodded with a smile. Even if Alistair was my fiancé, He was still my boss and this was my work space...

Alistair pulled me close, wrapping his arm round my waist... The press went quite....except for a few gasps...

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like all of you to meet my fiancée Isabella Maine; she is the love of my life. For all of you who don't know her....She is the 51% owner of Beaufort and Maine interiors, Daughter of late Annette and Oliver Maine, Co-owners of "Designs by me" renovations."

He then holds me closer and says...

"I was waiting for her to complete her training in culinary skills under the watchful eye of my friend Chef Luke. Now that she is almost done I am pleased to announce that we would be getting married this fall. The venue and time would be shared with you in time."

The crowd just erupted in applause. I was shaking, because I could not believe what I was hearing. Alistair had just announced to the world that we were getting married. I just put my head on his shoulder and smiled. He tightened his grip lovingly.

He turns to Chef Luke and raises his glass.....

"Thank you Luke for taking care of my life for me and letting me have this meet at your restaurant today to announce the news. I am forever indebted."

"Je le referais sans hésiter, Môn Ami"

"So ladies and Gentlemen enjoy your meals, food here as you already have tasted, is exceptional, enjoy" he raised his glass for the clapping group of people...

I was officially Alistair Darren Beaufort's fiancée; in front of the world.....I don't have to hide anymore...