FIVE - DOING ALRIGHT

★彡 FIVE 彡★

★彡 FIVE 彡★

THE LOUD KNOCK ON HIS DOOR woke Elijah from his rest and and he groaned out loud before standing up, rubbing his eyes from sleep and opening the door to see Brian, Roger, and John with wide smiles on their faces.

"Bri? Rog? Deaks? What are you guys doing here," Elijah paused, turning his head to look at the clock before adding, "At 6 in the fucking morning?"

"We want to congratulate you on the success of Sign of the Times!" Brian grinned, opening his arms to hug Elijah which he returned.

It's been two weeks since Sign of the Times got released as a single, and he was astounded to see the amount of people who praised his voice and listened to it constantly. It was unreal, but it felt so heartwarming at the same time. It still hasn't sunk into him fully but he has seen a lot of people become interested in him, and there was even a small group of fans already. Can you imagine? He was gaining fans, slowly yet surely. He wasn't used to it.

"Yeah, congrats Eli! We knew you could do it," Roger said. Deaky only shyly smiled in response, coming closer to hug Elijah as well, whispering, "You've done well, Lijah."

"Thank you guys, I don't want to seem rude but isn't it a bit too early for you three to be here?" He asked.

"Oh there's nothing too early for us!" That was the only response he got so he didn't bother in questioning anymore, waving his hand to say that he can come in.

"I'm sorry for the mess, I was writing a song last night and fell asleep on the couch so I wasn't able to fix everything." Elijah said, seeing that his apartment looked like it got ransacked by thieves. Papers were everywhere, his guitar was placed over the table, and the wire tangled over the amplifier.

"Heavy night, huh?" Deaky teased with a bit of concern, noting the amount of beer cans strewn across the floor. Elijah only sheepishly nodded in response, earning a loud 'tsk' from Brian.

"Drinking too much alcohol will kill you, Eli." He reprimanded while Roger snorted and interrupted him mockingly, "Stop being a father hen, Bri! It's not like you don't drink alcohol and wallow in your sorrows- bloody hell!"

"You should shut your mouth before you anger 'Dad' Brian more, Rog." John playfully told him, acquiring a middle finger from said man.

"I'm seriously concerned for you, Rog. You should get your head checked with the load of times Brian had hit it because you were annoying him." Elijah mocked while Brian and John laughed out loud, irritating Roger even more.

"Tough love, man." Brian told him.

"Why don't you all shut up? We're here to celebrate Elijah's success, it's not 'make fun of Roger' day okay?" Roger grumbled, pissed off.